“Alot of bang for your buck....”
Review of Crock & Block Restaurant - CLOSED

Crock & Block Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bayfield
Description: Casual, family restaurant, intimate booth seating, area for large groups available, outdoor patio, varied menu featuring prime rib, in-house hand cut steaks, BBQ'd ribs, wok stir fry's, seafood, appetizer's, dessert's, full kids menu, bar selections, all you can eat Sunday brunch
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I frequent the Crock and Block usually once a week or so. You have to try the prime rib and the $19.50 steak and lobster. It is excellent. They always cook my steak exactly the way I like it. However, the restaurant is a little dark and does need a makeover. But the staff are wonderful!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

nothing overly fancy about this place - just good food and good service - wait staff friendly - good pricing for all meals - i've been there several times this year and didn't leave disappointed - they should redecorate though - interior looks tired and worn, but food is very good

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have visited the Crock and Block Chain many times. This location seems to be hit and miss and therefore I cannot give it top marks as some of the other locations.
My wife took me there for our anniversary and I had lobster and steak. The lobster had gone bad, it tasted like bleach in my mouth.
They replaced it and offered free comps etc... but that's typical of the hit and miss here.
I don't give it poor marks because the food is usually not too bad and every establishment can have a bad day.
There are other places along Bayfield and they should remember they are not the only restaurant and maybe try a little harder.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

the Barrie Crock and Block is the only remaining Crock and Block in Ontario. All others have been taken over and renamed. The Barrie establishment provides comfort and great service with lots of food; too much food and most patrons take away close to half of their meals for home eating.
Great place and great food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The restaurant seems to thrive when busy and when they are under pressure to get food out. On our first trip the restaurant was full, staff were efficient and friendly and the steaks were great, especially the prime rib, melt in the mouth and the service great. Second trip the place was empty, staff were impatient and made us feel like we were inconveniencing them, subsequntly the lobster was chewy, steak tough and both cold. Don't know if I'll give them a 3rd try.

4  Thank SurreyGirl27