“Great place to come back to”
Review of Super 8 Barrie

Super 8 Barrie
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Reviewed May 17, 2012

A large group of woman came to Barrie for a concert. Our stay at the Super 8 was wonderful. They bent over backwards to help us in anything we needed. The staff was well train and always pleasant and smiling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed May 17, 2012

What a great time 13 fun loving girls had when we stayed at this hotel. The front desk staff were awesome, especially Wilma, who made us all feel so welcome and at home. The manager Mik, went beyond the call of duty to please us as well, by keeping the pool open an hour later, just for us. He also ordered us 2 vans to take us to the Molson Center. There is a picnic table out back where we enjoyed a few drinks, snacks and sunshine. There is plenty of shopping and nice restaurants within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel ...we plan on going back ! Thanks SUPER 8 !!!

Room Tip: Lots of shopping and great restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2012

while on business, my company arranged for me to stay at the Super 8 for a week. I have been here 4 days so far and have to say that over all I am very happy with my stay.

The staff are friendly, curtious, and accomidating. They have been very helpful in giving directions and recommendations as to where to eat, how to get around, and places to see.
The management are hands on with the guests, always asking how things are, and if there is anythig they can do to assist.
Over all each staff member have made my stay as comfortable and easy as possible.
The hot breakfast is always fresh, and plentiful.
The rooms are clean, and quiet.
The location of the hotel is excellent, in the heart of shopping, with a great selection of food establishments to choose from.
I will certainly recommend this hotel to friends, especially when traveling with children. There is a pool which also provides a hot tub for the adults.
Well done to the staff for providing excellent service, I hope to be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were a group of 12 ladies in town for a concert and we all agreed the Super 8 was a Super Place to stay. We stayed for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. We can't say enough about the friendly service we encountered from everyone at the hotel. The staff really go that one step extra to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The pool is small but was nice for a quick dip after a long day of shopping as was the hot tub. The included breakfast was certanly adequate with a choice of both hot and cold selections. The location is great. 1 minute off the highway, and a 3 to 4 minute drive to the Molson Centre. Great choices of restaurants all within walking distance. Lots of shopping close by as well. We all agreed it was great value and we would highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nice hotel, close to the 400, shopping and dining. Decent breakfast in the morning. They had "upgraded" me when I got there but I was expecting 2 beds. They gave me a huge room with a king bed which was satisfactory....good thing the other person with me didn't mind sharing a bed. Windows need cleaning on the outside and there was no sound barrier between our room and the stairwell so we could hear people coming in at 3 in the morning. Beds could be more comfortable but good selection of pillows. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't choose the King suite..too much outside noise. I would bring my sound machine next time.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

we had stayed here before and knew it was easy to get to and exactly what we needed, the room was EXTREAMLY clean. breakfast wasn't as great as last time but it seemed there were a few less choices but it was still excellent value for our money spent. the staff were helpful with our last minute reservation. we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 Barrie for 1 night. It was beyong my expectations excellent clean room, friendly staff. I really liked it.This hotel is close to restaurants such as East Side Marios, Jack Astors, and Cora's. I have made up my mind that every time I go back to Barrie this is the place for me to stay.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo