“Clean and spacious rooms, friendly staff, top location and above all, a wonderful Breakfast!”
Review of Super 8 Barrie

Super 8 Barrie
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed in Super 8 Barrie with my family and had a Super experience. Clean rooms with a lot of sunshine and friendly staff make the experience real super. We stayed for four nights, and my kids would really mess up the room. However on our return we found the same clean rooms that we sae when we checked in the first day.
The staff was very friendly and always attentive to our needs. The location is very good with a number of good resturaunts in very close proximity. And lest I forget, the daily breakfast was a real treat too! Good variety of food with the change in type of eggs each day being different.
Overall, an excellant experience. My family would like to visit the Super 8 again whenever we are in Barrie.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
seeyoualongtheway, General Manager at Super 8 Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Harry L,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed staying in one of our Executive King Suites. Our housekeeping staff is extremely meticulous when it comes to preparing guest rooms and is flattered to receive guest recognition for a job well done! I have also shared your comments with Heather, our breakfast bar attendant, who is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our great variety of hot breakfast items during your four-night stay! We are happy that you enjoyed our great location and look forward to hosting you and your family again!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We just stayed at the Super 8 in Barrie. I never thought I would stay at Super 8 as I though that they were all low-end and run down. That was certainly not the case in Barrie. The hotel was great and at an unbelievable value. While not full of fancy amenities it was remarkably suitable for our short-term family stay. Included WiFi, a small pool and hot tub and breakfast all at the price - unbelievable. The staff was very nice and helpful - more so than in hotels that cost twice as much. What took me most was how clean the hotel and room was. I can't stand staying at a dirty and grungy place. The Super 8 Barrie was pristine. If a stay in Barrie is what you need give the Super 8 serious consideration and don't be thrown by the price!

Room Tip: The rooms all have microwave ovens and a small fridge so if you're travelling with kids this cou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Dear DerekToronto5,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review! Most Super 8 Hotels in Canada are relatively new and built with the modern traveler in mind. Our property is only 4 years old and offers the amenities, breakfast, spacious rooms and modern decor that are required by today's traveler. As opposed to many hotels in Barrie, our standard rooms are also equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge.

Thank you for mentioning our main competitive advantage, our VALUE! We offer complimentary WIFI and hot breakfast, and other amenities such as a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness room and new flat screen LCD TVs all for one low price! We pride ourselves at giving our guests great value for their money. Our staff also goes out of their way to give you that home-away-from-home feeling that is missing from so many other hotels. We treat our guests like family and love taking the extra step to make their stay exceptional! Thank you for referring to our hotel as 'pristine'. We take great pride in maintaining our property and providing our guests with extremely clean and comfortable accommodations. Once again, thank you for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here a few times with my hubby while working. Have stayed in the king suite and the queen preferred the king b/c the room was large and had the comforts of home. Staff were also wonderful breakfast was ok but then again we were not there for the food. Very clean hottub and pool great restaurants and shops close by. Our #1 place to stay in Barrie and we travel quite often.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear annderob,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! You're right, the Executive King Suite does offer all of the comforts of home. It is an ideal room for our long-term guests and for couples that are looking for a romantic getaway! I'm glad that you enjoyed the king-size bed, jacuzzi tub, spacious sitting area, fireplace and wet bar. Thank you for your compliments on our hot tub and swimming pool. We're glad that you enjoyed the extensive variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (East Side Mario's, Boston Pizza, Jack Astors, Kelseys, Montanas and Swiss Chalet to list a few). I'm sure that you had taken advantage of the discounts many of these restaurants offer to Super 8 guests. We also have a 24-hour Walmart right across the street! I'm glad that you had a great time during your stay and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was my first time in Barrie and I really enjoyed it. I stayed in the Executive King Suite at the Super 8. The room was very luxurious! It had a king size bed, jacuzzi, plasma tv and the list goes on. The staff was very helpful throughout my stay. I had no problems during my stay, but the staff was always their to help. The room was very clean as well. Overall, I was 100% satisfied and I'll be back. I highly recommend Super 8 Barrie to anyone looking for high quality accommodation at a great price!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sahil J,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that you enjoyed staying in our luxurious Executive King Suite! Our staff is trained to exceed guest expectations and I am pleased that they were able to make your stay a memorable one! At Super 8 Barrie, our goal is to provide our guests with exceptionally clean rooms at an exceptionally good value! We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

It was my first time visiting Barrie & I chose to stay at Super 8 Barrie since it was ranked as #1 on TripAdvisor. The staff was pleasant & when I inquired about restaurants in the area, they seemed more than happy to provide me with the information & even wrote some of it down for me. The waffles were a great touch & others that I was with enjoyed them too.

One of the things that I'm most picky about whenever I go anywhere is the cleanliness of the washroom & I have to say that my rooms washroom and the room itself was really clean.

The best part is the location since there are tons of places to eat & other things are close by as well. It's really convenient staying here & if you don't have a car, you can still get around.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Teresa B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am glad that our staff was able to provide you with that home-away-from-home feeling during your stay and that you enjoyed our Belgian Waffles during breakfast. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing our guests with exceptionally clean accommodations and I will let them know that you were pleased with the results of their hard work. You are right about our location! We are perfectly located within the commercial hub of Barrie, surrounded by restaurants and retail shops all within walking distance. I am glad that you had such a complete experience during your stay at the Super 8 Barrie and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business based on a recommendation from a work colleague. Although this is a 3 star property for amenities, I give it full marks for value based on price, staff attitude, size of rooms and cleanliness.

This Super 8 is quite close to a Hwy 400 interchange and lots of box-store shopping and chain restaurants. There is lots of free parking out front of the hotel and I was immediately impressed by the number of front desk staff when I checked in at approximately 5:30 pm. There were 3 smiling faces who made the check-in very pain free.

My room was on the 3rd floor, about halfway down from the elevator, facing the parking lot and very quiet. The room was a suite and had two TVs, a small fridge and microwave. There was a separate sink outside the bathroom which would be handy for some. The bed was very comfortable with crisp white sheets. Wi-fi was complimentary.

The breakfast was the normal fare and decent. Eggs, sausages, cereal, breads, coffee and juice was all complimentary and while not gourmet, was reasonable.

All in all, for what I paid, I rate this hotel excellent value and would stay here a again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator if you would like a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear NorthYorkian,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! The staff and I have read your review and are very grateful for your appreciation of our hard work. We are glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our Superior Suites. The housekeeping staff is very meticulous when it comes to providing our guests with crisp, comfy sheets and extremely clean guest rooms. As opposed to many other hotels in Barrie, each and every one of our 82 rooms (including our standard rooms) is equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge. We have recently added brand new flat screen LCD televisions in every guest room and are increasing the speed of our already-fast complimentary WIFI with a system that is five times faster. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at the Super 8 Barrie, and we are looking forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel twice and both times my experience has been nothing but exceptional. This hotel has it all, great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, and a good breakfast. My kids took full advantage of the pool and hot tub. I have stayed at other hotels in Barrie but Super 8 by far gives you the best value for your money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ifrah Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are grateful for your continued loyalty to the Super 8 Barrie and thrilled to know that you had an exceptional experience during your stay. We are continuously striving to provide all of our guests with excellent service, clean and comfortable rooms and a great hot breakfast! We are glad that your kids enjoyed our pool and hot tub and are looking forward to your next visit!