“Clean, awesome staff/service, great breakfast”
Review of Super 8 Barrie

Super 8 Barrie
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Barrie, Canada
“Clean, awesome staff/service, great breakfast”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Super 8 Barrie is a wonderful place to stay. I was so impressed with how clean the entire hotel was including my room. My room was comfortable, had all of the toiletries I needed and my floor was quite. I really had a great night's sleep and in the morning I did go down for the breakfast that was included. I was so surprised to see how many food options/choices there were. I really enjoyed the do it yourself waffle station and fresh fruit too. I am a female and almost 7 months pregnant, I was alone and felt completely safe. The front desk staff Luke even placed a courtesy call to see how my room was. When I checked out Wilma was very kind and efficient. When I got married, Super 8 Barrie was the hotel that my guests stayed and and when my in-laws come to town they always stay here if they don't stay with us.
PS - I'd like to extend a great big thank you to Lisa Ehlert and tell her what a SUPER job she and her staff do at Super 8 Barrie. The place is so clean I truly was impressed.
Great job Super 8 - please don't change your level of service!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dawtcalm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
toronto
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We love the Super 8 chain. You get great value for your money with nice comfortable clean rooms and always a swimming pool which our kids enjoy after being stuck in a car for hours.
We spent 2 nights at this hotel during Family day weekend. The hotel was very nice- and even better then we expected. They had a family suite (bank beds for the kids and an x-box that they liked) which we never had before with this chain, nice pool and hot-bath, and a very big and diverse breakfast.
But the most important thing was the service. Especially Jenifer who was at the front desk every evening during our stay.
She was very helpful, always asking how she can help and being very creative and resourceful. She went out of her way to help with every little thing we needed (and we needed quiet a few things...)
She was amazing!
To top it all - she was even helpful after we left. We made a mistake with our reservation through Expedia, by booking our stay for the March instead of February.
When we came back home and tried to cancel those reservation with expedia- we found out that we were facing a break wall.
Jenifer again came to the rescue and spend some time talking to the service people at Expedia to get then to cancel our reservations. She was successful and if it wasn't for her we would not have been able to get those cancelled.
Thank you Jenifer! (the rest of the staff was very nice and helpful as well- thank you too!)
Be ware of Expedia...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank umnadav
seeyoualongtheway, General Manager at Super 8 Barrie, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your stay during the Family
Day weekend. My team takes great pride in reading these, especially when they made
a positive impact on a guest experience. I am pleased to hear that Jennifer assisted with correcting your Expedia reservation.

Our family suites are fabulous and I am glad the hot breakfast and pool
was more than you expected. It is always a pleasure to provide affordable, clean
and exceptional service for families or whatever purpose might bring you to Barrie.

We hope to see your family again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Mirka Rollason
LITTLE CURRENT, ONTARIO, CANADA
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The Super 8 Hotel Barrie, Ontario, Canada, is my home away from home. I have stayed at the Super 8 Hotel Barrie at least 300 times in the last 3 years as my employment requires substantial travel.

Firstly, the hotel is excellent, very clean and without the dedicated management and employees, this hotel would just be another run of the mill establishment. The employees make this hotel! The employees from the General Manager down to the Chamber Maids are well trained, professional, and knowledgeable and make it their business to know their quests by name, their families, their children and friends as well as their needs and requirements. My family often travels with me and we consider the Super 8 Barrie our home away from home. The General Manager Mirka runs a tight ship and my hat goes off to Lisa, Wilma, Heather, Marie, Big John, Charlie, Zenny and the rest of the staff which is too large to mention.

The Super 8 has a great breakfast which commences at 6:00 am and ends at 10:00 am. Heather and Marie look after the breakfast brigade and the food is always fresh and consists of sausage, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fresh waffles, fruit, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt and fruit juices. The best breakfast in Barrie!

The hotel rooms are spacious, clean, bug free, with great fluffy towels, poufy pillows, clean washrooms and bath tubs. The furniture is new and the carpeting is very clean and often replaced. All the hallway carpeting was recently replaced and the walls are all clean and freshly painted. The hotel, to my estimation is approximately 5 years old, but due to the excellent and up kept condition, one would think that it was newly built and just recently opened! The parking lots are clean and the snow is always removed. The parking is free and spacious.

The hotel swimming pool and spa are very clean and well kept. The water in the swimming pool is crystal clear and the spa is spotless. At the pool and spa there are always plenty of pool towels available to dry off with. The public washrooms are also always clean. The lobby area is spacious and has a very nice gas fireplace completed with a couch and easy chairs. During the Christmas season the entire staff decorates the hotel with festive items to provide the guests with a homey feeling. Next to the front desk you will find a computer and printer for guest to use free of charge and to keep connected with loved ones at home as well as the workplace. The hotel also provides their guests with high-speed hard wired and wireless Internet access free of charge. The Super 8 Hotel Barrie is located very close to restaurants, department stores, super markets, Wal-Mart, gas stations, car washes and hospital.

The Super 8 Hotel employees go out of their way to make you feel at home and thus, this is why my family and I refer to it as “Home Away From Home”. I do not hesitate for one second to recommend the Super 8 Barrie to anyone wishing to have a great and unique hotel stay and experience. Super 8 Barrie, thanks for the good times.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MICHAELSCRIBE
Thank you so much for your super comments!

My entire team was thrilled to read it as they take such pride in making each and every guest feel like they are at home, when they stay in Barrie, at the Super 8.

We love having you and hope you will continue to choose this hotel
when in Barrie, time and time again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Mirka Rollason
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The suites in this hotel are fantastic. The comfortable bed makes for a good night's sleep. The breakfast was good. When leaving we left an item in the room. The staff went out of their way to get the item sent to our home address. This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pleased39
Paris, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night with my sister and our kids.We had great service checking in the staff were very friendly with my son. Once we checked in got to our room, the front desk clerk came to our room to proactively offer a playpen. Suite was a great set-up for the kids. Very open, big & clean. Breakfast was really nice in the morning. But the "above and beyond" came after we checked out. We left our sons blanket behind, and when I called they had found it - thanks goodness. They left it right at the front desk for me to come and pick up. Great job SUPER 8 Barrie - I would absolutely come back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Collingwood, ontario
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband and I got away for the night, and we really enjoyed the hotel. The only thing is the pool is very small and only 3 feet deep, really a children's pool and the hot tub, only takes two people. But it was quiet so we had the hot tub to ourselves. The complimentary breakfast was nice, except the eggs were the powered type and the sausages were terrible. Other than that the breakfast was good. the location of the hotel is great, many nice stores close by. My husband liked that the Chapter book store was right behind the hotel, he could walk and pick out a book! All the staff were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. If you really want to swim then I would say don't stay there, otherwise it is a great hotel......

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Super 8 Barrie exceeded all our expectations for this class of hotel. The rooms were large, well-furnished and impeccably clean. The staff was especially welcoming and friendly, especially Welma, and Shiv at check-in and check-out. This hotel provided excellent value and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple