We booked a stay in a studio for a skiing weekend and convinced our neighbours to do the same. We were all blown away with how nice this resort is, and the excellent location. We had kids from 1-12 with us, who all had a great time. Skiing at Horseshoe is great, affordable (get passes at Costco), and you can't beat the convenience of skiing back to your room for a break and a glass of wine during the day!
- Easy to get to from Toronto
- Ski-in to Horseshoe (easy to ski down to pick up lift tickets first thing in the AM)
- Huge rooms, in great condition, and well furnished
- Great pools with lots of toys. Good hot tub. Nice changing facilities too.
- A price you can't really get at any other ski resort in the province
- Parking lot was pretty consistently full, making finding a spot tricky at times
- They went crazy on the de-icing salt on the walkways - meaning it was tracked into our unit as well
- Check-in at Carriage Hills is a bit of a pain
- No restaurant, and local choices are limited for families. But there is a supermarket nearby.
We will be back for sure. Probably once more in the winter, and then in the spring or summer, with bikes and hiking boots instead of skis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carriage Ridge Resort in Horseshoe Valley just 1 hour north of Toronto, a four-season natural playground with rolling hills, lakes, rivers and forested trails. At Carriage Ridge Resort you’ll find all the comforts and amenities of home in a spectacular country setting. One bedroom and two bedroom condominium accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, gas fireplaces and jetted hot tubs, making Carriage Ridge Resort absolutely ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways and golf and ski groups to Ontario and the Horseshoe Valley. Whether you want to ski meticulously groomed trails through snow-laden forests of pine, tee off at one of eighteen area golf courses, hike or mountain bike one of several picturesque trails, or just relax at the end of the day, Carriage Ridge Resort in Horseshoe Valley is your very own base for fun and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelClick, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carriage Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage Ridge Hotel Barrie
- Carriage Ridge Barrie
- Carriage Ridge Resort Barrie, Ontario