Carriage Ridge Resort
Four Points By Sheraton Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$97
$85
FourPoints.com
$96
$85
Hampton.com
$83
Super 8 Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$56
$56
$54
$75
$63
Agoda.com
Best Western Royal Oak Inn(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$84
$72
$82
$74
Agoda.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$89
Fairfield Inn
$101
$97
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suiteprivate laundrywasaga beacharcade gamesgames roomdvd playerhot tubcross country skiingski slopeswasher and dryerpull out couchminute driveliving arealong weekendfitness centerindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My eldest son and I along with my business partner decide to go on a week long Golfing trip. Wanting to stay in Ontario I searched and came across this area which showed many courses within a fifteen minute drive. I chose Carraige Hills Resort which is a part of the Carraige Ridge Resort (newer section I think). What a great choice it was! After being a little apprehensive about the choice at first, it was quickly dismissed upon arriving at the resort. The welcoming staff were absolutely fantastic and actually took time to call around some of the Golf courses for us to book in some games for the weekend. We got a VIP card that got us some great discounts at the better courses. 3 great courses within 5 minutes drive (1 actually across the street!).
The accomodations couldn't be any better! We had booked a two bedroom, which actually was a one bedroom and a Studio with a common entrance door. This gave my partner a suite for himself complete with bathroom and kitchenette, King size bed and balcony. if you leave the suite doors open to the entranceway you have full access to both suites. The one bedroom part was gorgeous. Large master bedroom with king size bed ensite bathroom with Jaccuzzi tup and double sinks which also led into the smaller bathroom with glass door shower and another sink and toilet. This gave each of us our own private bathroom. This smaller bathroom also had access from the living room. The full kitchen with an Island counter, built in oven and counter top range was fully stocked with everything you need. All the dishes,cutlery pots and pans. Dishwasing soap for built-in dishwasher laundry soap for the washer and dryer. plus a few other great stuff. The living room was well appointed with a full pull out couch which pulls out to a queen size bed. All the beds were absolutely confortable, the best I have ever had in a hotel or resort. A balcony off the rear had a great view of nature and the trails. The Carraige House had lots of activities to do, Pool table Excersise room, volley ball court and the great Inside/outside pool. Swim in and out as you please.
I booked in again for a long weekend so I can come back with my wife. Great time!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patsroy
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Having arrived from Algonquin Park, where our chalet was more expensive , had no air-conditioning, no laundry facilities, no pool ans even at times no electricity, we arrived early for check-in in desperate need of a clean up and a vacation. The staff efficiantly and with a smile found a room for us where we could relax and recharge our batteries. The room was very large and all facilities were provided at no extra cost. The position is ideal between the forests and the lakes, and shopping in Barrie was good for anybody needing retail therapy!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2009

On a whim, through Travelzoo, found an offer to stay at Carriage Ridge Resort and we are both truly glad we did! Located in Horseshoe Valley which is well known as a ski resort we took a chance and "checked it out" and wish we had stayed longer! Our room was not a suite, but was generous in size, had a kitchenette loaded with everything we needed, dinette area, full size bath (sans the jacuzzi) - even provided an ashtray for my smoking husband which he did on the balcony! Very clean, awesome views - was extremly impressed! And the king size bed!!! Extremely comfortable for sleeping! We had a very relaxing time! The only unfortunate part of our experience at Carriage Ridge was the week we chose to go - had plenty of rain but this has been one of those crazy summers and we truly got to relax - even the DVD selection at the Club House was impressive. The hubby even barbecued dinner for me on our last night's stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexxiblue
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My sister, daughter and myself had a wonderful time at Carriage Ridge Resort. We booked the "Resort Suite" with kitchenette. Since it was such an excellent price, we expected a bar fridge and a kettle. Instead, we had a beautifully decorated room with King size bed, nice sitting and dining areas, a balcony and everything that we could possibly need during our stay. There was even a washer and dryer available for our use. We used the pool, hot tub and exercise facilities daily. We brought a laptop so were able to make use of the free internet connection as well. The staff were very accommodating, stopping by to replenish supplies daily. without being intrusive. My sister had a medical emergency during our stay and the Staff were at our room in minutes and provided excellent assistance until an ambulance arrived. This resort is in a wonderful location and we will definitely return for another visit!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Constance_Dee
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Played golf near by, toured Midlland and surrounding area, had dinner in Craighurst. Very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple