“Great food! Way underpriced!”

The Farmhouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 535 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly casual restaurant serving farm fresh food with epic water views and banquet facilities.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Awesome experience. Was in town for business, and usually try one of the top 10 restaurants. This one wasn't in the list, however, a client swore by the restaurant...So I thought I'd give it a try.

I was incredibly impressed! Loved the food, loved the variety in sides, loved the service!

1  Thank Joeedmonton2

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The new owners are doing a great job, The staff and food was amazing. We have gone twice over the past month. Had the meaty side ribs with garlic mash. mmmmmm so good. could not eat all the ribs, this is a good thing. Second time I had the Pork with this special sauce on the side, like bacon and onions and stuff. sooo good. Cant wait to go back

Reviewed October 28, 2013

- Upon entering, seemed like a nice place...servers were quick to greet and seat.
- Restaurant climate control was poor - very cold.
- When food came it was cold, and the replacement (i.e., just sausage instead of some sausage some bacon) was not done as asked.
- Only offer rye bread ( no white, brown etc... even for kids)
- yogurt was a very small portion for $
- limited options on breakfast menu

1  Thank julia o
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Oh my, what a fabulous culinary experience. My wife and I had decided to take a drive to Barrie today to have lunch at The Farmhouse as we had seen Randy Feltis, on CityLine this week. Are we ever glad we did. Once inside the establishment, we were cheerfully greeted and seated by a team member. We were then immediately introduced to our waiter, Eric. After being welcomed, we were advised of the days specials and began to review the menu. I selected the Daily Soup which was Pumpkin and was garnished with shavings of parsnips. The soup was very flavourful and had a hardy consistency. This was followed by the Bacon Glazed Grilled Pork Loin with Roast Garlic Mash and the Daily Vegetables (comprised of a sauteed medley of red beets, zucchini and kale). The generous pork loin medallion was moist and tender. The mash was hinting of garlic and the vegys were mildly firm and savoury. My wife enjoyed the Brick Pressed 1/2 Chicken with Feltis Farm Fries and the same sauteed Daily Vegetables. The chicken was succulent and tender. Yummy! was her description of her meal. Thanks to Eric for his courteousness and professionalism. We definitely will be back for lunch and for dinner.

3  Thank MrLynnM
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant for Thanksgiving. Was offered a turkey special but decided on the Sunday Night Prime Rib Special for $18. The Prime Rib Strip includes 2 sides and a piece of pie. The salad was very fresh but came in a very small dish. The garlic mashed potatoes was small as well and a little lumpy but still good. I tried the mac 'n cheese and it was delicious with white cheddar. The Prime Strip was excellent and very well done. The lemon meringue pie was delicious and I tried the spiced pumpkin which was good as well. Was hoping for a view of the lake but bushes cover the windows on the lower level and the upstairs is for special parties. They do have a patio on the upper level but it was too cold so would be very nice next summer. They grow their own herbs and can view them at the front door. Excellent eatery.