“Excellent vegan food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent vegan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had never tried raw vegan food (I do like sushi). My wife talked me into it and I'm glad. It was surprisingly excellent. I had tacos and salad and loved it. The desserts were good too. Plenty of food to take home. It was good later too.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto
“Desserts to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I brought my friends here for my Birthday. They have never tried vegetarian food, leave alone vegan. I warned them ( and I warn you) that the three course meal can be quite trying for their stomachs due to big amount of fiber in the food. You see, in the past we would go and eat a lot, and those of us who eat a lot of raw food would be very happy, and people on regular diet may feel uncomfortable in the stomach afterwards. Too much of a change.

So, I brought the girls who of course are always on a diet and we've had salads, rolls, and of course desserts. We did not overeat and we felt fantastic! They couldn't believe the desserts and creativity of the food, they LOVED salad dressings, and overall they said it was one of the best most interesting restaurants explorations they've ever done.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank LakeSimcoeFan
Barrie, Canada
“Great first visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A friend and I headed to Rawlicious after a yoga class earlier this week. We had heard about the food and wanted to check it out. It was a sunny and hot day so the doors were open and we sat near the street. Very nice.
The menu was very interesting with a full page of juices and smoothies! The Ginger Love juice was awesome. I love the sweet beet and ginger blend. My friend had the burger which was amazing. The hightlight on the plate were the jimica fries! I had the All Green Goodness salad which was topped with pumpkin seeds, avacado and cheese. It was ok. For $10.50 I expected more of the goodness than a bowl overflowing with kale and lettuce. Not enough of the "good stuff" in that menu item.
Had a cookie for dessert. Yum.
Overall, I would go back here but stick with the created items, not the salads. Lunch was $50 for two mains, one juice and a cookie. A bit on the expensive side for lunch.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank steveNjana
Barrie, Canada
“I love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I have a friend who is a vegetarian. So when she came to barrie I had to take her here. She loved it and I loved it. It was first time and everything we ordered were so fresh and delicious

Toronto, ON
“Gluten-free too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Vegan doesn't always mean gluten-free, but at Rawlicious everything is gluten-free. I was in Barrie this past Monday (March 10) to celebrate a friend's birthday. What a treat! I had the spring rolls with a yummy, creamy Thai dip, the pizza, and the pumpkin pie. We sat right in the front window, across the road from the Memorial Square, at Fred Grant and Dunlop Streets, and the bay. The service was great. Can't wait to go back to try some other items. I've noticed a couple of comments about the cost...there were three of us for lunch....1 app, 2 salads (they're huge!), 1 entree, 2 desserts, 3 teas, 1 GF beer (Lakefront's New Grist)...about $60 (before tip)...reasonable.

• Visited March 2014