“Yum!”

Ranked #125 of 524 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Have enjoyed a couple of lunches and a dinner over the last few months at Lone Star. Excellent chips and salsa. My favorite meal so far was the fajitas. Would recommend this restaurant for a decent priced meal out. Nice and new and clean. And pretty good staff. Will be back!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yesterday we celebrated our daughters 20th birthday at the Lone Star in Barrie. Upon being seated at our table it was mentioned that it was her birthday and the employees saw to it that she had a fun filled evening. It was so nice to have not only our server but others make mention of her birthday along with the traditional staff singing. The atmosphere was fantastic for celebrating a fun, happy event.
We all enjoyed our dinner. Some having the famous fajitas, I prefer the steaks but we all agreed that the chips and salsa are second to none.
I recomend this location for fun, lively gathering who are looking great food and the atmosphere to go with it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have eaten here 4 times now and are always very happy. The food is excellent, we usually get the fajitas (veggie and chicken) and the chips and salsa to start. The portion sizes are fantastic. The staff are extremely polite and seem happy to help. We have had a couple different servers and they are all great. Definetly recomend this restaurant but it is a bit on the more expensive side. Great for a group on the bar side or families and couples.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love The Lone Star Texas Grill. I've been going to them for around 25 years and the original one on Baseline Rd in Ottawa. You can always count on; fresh salsa chips and fajta skins. We had the fajitas for four with ribs, chicken, shrimp and steak. All the meat was very good except the shrimp. It was undercooked and slimy. The ribs were very good. I think it would be better to leave people with more salsa with the fajitas. They give you individual sides cheese, lettuce salsa and sour cream. Seemed to be overload of cheese and lettuce not enough salsa. Since they make this themselves you think they'd give you more then a tablespooon. Saying that you can always ask for extra. I'm not sure if I like the ambiance so much in this new location. It's like your in one large dining hall. Honestly besides the fresh baked fajita skins and tortilla chips, Jack Astors makes a better fajita! I really think they should consider adding heat as well to the food besides a bottle of tabasco on the table or offer of jalapano. Carry a hotter homemade salsa! Guacamole was just OK. And they give you a very small portion if you ask to share with four people.

1  Thank kathrynincanada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This restaurant is very family friendly. Great environment. I was very impressed with this restaurant being my first time there. The amount of food you get is a lot. Our waitress "Chiquita" was amazing. She was very friendly and polite, she was fast with our food and always attentive to our needs. The prices are good. The food was very fresh especially the tortillas which are made fresh to order. We had the Tortilla soup and it was delicious. The only problem I had was wit the greeter, she did not smile and did not make conversation with us, they should have someone friendlier at the front since they are the first person you have contact with. Overall it was great and I will certainly go again. Also this is a great place to have a birthday celebration, they will certainly be embarrassed when Lone Star does its thing to celebrate.