“Normal family style buffet with little excitement”

Market Buffet and Grill
Ranked #93 of 518 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Typical family style buffet restaurant. Went for Sunday brunch. Price was even more expensive than Saturday night. Food was ok and not much excitement. Main focus were the ham and roast beef. However, both were very dry. Salad, other veggie dishes and soups were good. There was also a lot of varieties of dessert.

Overall, I consider the price is higher than what I will pay.

1  Thank Richardctchan

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Attended for Sunday Brunch. $18.00 per person.

There were lots of choices for breakfast dishes as well as hot dinner entrees. Made to order omlette bar, taco bar, salad bar, desert bar.

Problem was the dishes. Had to ask for a replacement coffee cup - actually gritty to hold. There were so many plates at the buffet that had actual chunks of food still on them that I told the ladies at the front. I watched as they went through them and they had a huge stack to be rewashed by the time they were done.

When we went to the desert bar the bowls were the same way - chunks and dirty water still in the bowls. I had placed several aside and the waitress came over and told me they were ok. I told her that they were filthy - after she actually looked at them she appeared surprised and went through the rest - again ending up with a huge stack.

Service was ok - had to ask for coffee each time. No refills offered without asking.

Food wasn't great. Road beef dry and tough. Steaks - thin, tough. Basic buffet food but definately won't return due to the filth. Felt $18.00 was overpriced for the brunch offered.

1  Thank Milandralove
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband & I ate at the Market Buffet & Grill in Barrie, ON and found it very expensive for the type of buffet it was, they had lots of food, but many of the trays were empty when we approached the bar. The Restaurant was noisy and people let their kids help themselves to the buffet, which didn't sit right with us. The real problem happened when I went to bed at night and awoke with terrible heart burn and sick feeling, I think it was the MSG they put on their buffet. I don't usually react to msg, in Chinese food or other restaurants so I think this buffet must have been loaded with MSG as I was very sick. I will not return.

1  Thank Jan B