“My skin is crawling”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of In Play Inc

In Play Inc
Ranked #15 of 48 things to do in Barrie
More attraction details
Owner description: Our newly renovated Barrie Family Entertainment Center has a Huge Indoor Playground, Webkinz, Arcade and Redemption Games, Prizes, Great Food and is perfect for Kid's Birthday Parties! Come on in and play.
Barrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My skin is crawling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

IN PLAY, new name formerly Little Critters in Barrie is absolutely disgusting. Very Very dirty, horrible food, old broken games (most just eat your kids tokens - staff did nothing - not even an apology), and speaking of staff ... they hate customers.

I had my daughter and her cousin there for the lunch play special .... an hour later, $40 dollars down, and a tray of inedible food later ... we left, my skin was crawling and I just could not stay any longer. Took the kids home, bathed them, and fed them.

I will never go there again .... ever !!!

Did I mention that the staff hate customers and the place is dirty ... filthy actually.
One of the women working today, the one with the really miserable scowl, was wearing a "In Play" shirt that was so dirty and stained that you could not read the logo on the front.

The owners of In Play should be ashamed ... this is no place for kids.

Visited July 2012
9 Thank Colin M

ORILLIA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“POOR!! POOR!! POOR!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'm quite shocked by the lack of child friendly staff!

I sent my 8 year old son to the counter to get me a bottle of water, first off he was told to come back later, they were counting the cash. 2nd time he went back for me, the cashier completely ignored him, I finally went up, and was served immediately, this is a child's location.......TREAT CHILDREN NICELY!! My 2nd major complaint, can't tell you how many times I walked by the front desk and both doors were left open, at least 4 or 5 times, and that is just what I saw!

I told 2 of the staff that my 2 children were permitted to leave with my friends husband, while my friends husband was outside with me, moving my car seats over, my friend walked out with my 2 sons. NO one asked her to show stamps, no one questioned ANYTHING!!

It has been over a year since I have been to the location because the first time I was disgusted by the rude behavior of the staff, the dirt and the overall lack of caring!

It will be a long time before I will visit that location again, I'm sorry but if I can't feel that my children are safe and protected, NO way!! This place is a disaster, the saddest part, there is no where else to go!!

Children's safety, kind staff should be a priority, and that place is a hazard waiting to happen!!

Visited March 2012
6 Thank LESLIE K
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unsanitary, Over priced and Understaffed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have taken my boys to Lil Kridders many times. I usually take then when they need to run off some energy and usual go when its cheaper on Tuesdays. Although my kids enjoy their time there, I have a completely different experiance. I always do a walk through to make sure its safe for them to play and have been horrifyied by the dirt that has built up underneath the structures I swear it 3 inches high! Gross. Repairs that have been required for some time are never made and I cringe at the thought of how many germs are lurking about. I have never seen them dissefect the facility, The bathrooms are gross and often no toilette paper. The poor girl who works their is going back and forth from the counter to cooking food and customers are always left to wait at either end. Because the owner is to cheap to pay for two staff at any one time. Its rediculous. Today I called their to and the phone was answered witha a huffy hello! I answered Is this Lil Kridders? And got a Yeah, Rude! I wanted to know If the facility had been cleaned underneath the structures, at the very least vacumed? I got, " I don;t know I just work here" I am disgusted and ontop of all that they have now raised the price and during the March break their is no half off Tuesday so they can take full advantage of their remaining customers I think that Barrie and area deserve a clean environment where kids can safely play. And parents can know that its sanitary and treated with respect.

Visited February 2012
6 Thank Samantha R
Orillia, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Barrie kids fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

My kids love to go here. Lots to do and play inside fun.

Barrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“yes...believe the reviews!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I am writing this in response to the last review.
I have been going to the lil kridders klub for years. It has gone down hill more and more every year. Let me start off with this place is gross and I am not a "hard to please" person. The last 2 times I took my son here he ended up with a bacterial infection! I thought the first time was a fluke...then the second time I didn't.

They allow you to climb through the tunnels with your children (which is awesome!) So I did...let me tell you.... the inside of the tunnels are NEVER cleaned! I ended up crawling through pee, which, when you have kids this age, can tend to happen. Gross but expected. BUT I told 2 (YES 2!!!) workers there that a child had had a "accident" (pee) in the tunnel and other children were crawling through it AND NO BODY WENT TO CLEAN IT UP. I stayed for 20 minutes just to see and NOPE! While all this time other people's kids were crawling though pee!!! That was the last time I took my son there. The safety netting is held together with zip ties (yes zip ties!) The workers are not helpful at all. I enjoyed "a small world" up on bayfield a lot better but they have since closed down. i kept going here because I WANTED this place to be good. This place would be a great idea and place if they had different workers and kept it cleaned.

Visited December 2011