“Quality food first!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Juns is a great place to eat, don't let the "diner look" distract you.

I have had many many lunches here and even a few dinners. The Sushi menu is a bit limited but they make it perfect every time. Fresh ingredients, and small things like finely chopped ginger make this place stand out. Everything just tastes so darn good. We often go for a Wednesday night dinner and for about the same price as fast food, we can have sushi, some spring rolls, edamame and a small bottle sake to boot!

Jun and his wife are wonderful hosts as well. We have also ordered party platters at Christmas and they were a huge hit.

No hesitation recommending this one at all, looks a bit funky from the outside with all the bright colours, lights etc., but the food is what makes this place a standout.

PS: I have not tried much of the Chinese side of the menu, but I see many people come in for the three choice lunch combos that look pretty good too!

1  Thank Dave L

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We love the food here! From the maki rolls to the Pad Thai, everything is fresh and fabulous! Great people, excellent service, very clean and welcoming! One of Barrie's best kept secrets! Try Jun's spring rolls at the Saturday morning Farmer's market. He's always there, that's how we found them! Great for families and excellent prices too!!!

2  Thank VHW67
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having lived in Barrie for over 5 years now, my family has tried almost all of the chinese take-out restaurants in the area. JUN'S ROLL is by far the best, and the service is always more then awesome! Highly recommend, not greasy at ALL! amazing delicious meal when you have the Chinese food Hankering! -plus add some Sushi, something for everyone!! :)

1  Thank Lila G
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You could easily pass by Jun's without a second glance, and if you spared one you would get the distinct impression that it's the same ol' chinese takeaway shop that can be found on any corner... but you wouldn't be more wrong!

The food truly was a utopia of Asian cuisine. My husband was in the mood for tempura sushi while I was in the mood for a chicken curry, normally a problem but Jun's had us covered. The food was exactly what we'd hoped for and more.

We received wonderful and friendly service at a time when they were quite busy and I couldn't have hoped for more. It is very plain in decor and has little in the way of atmosphere but honestly, that's no loss as it's character more than makes up for it.

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I frequent Jun's Roll because of its huge menu of different forms of asian cuisine, My favorite being Japanese Sushi. One of the very few places with a very good General Tso Chicken dish, and Lo Mein. This is a great spot for anyone who is a fan of Asian Cuisine, and the prices are fairly decent.

2  Thank TheeMrsLong