“One and only time”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cundles
Description: We invite you to join us on a culinary adventure that is sure to please even the most discriminating palate. With our decidedly urban upscale vibe, you will discover a great new place to meet friends and family in style.From fabulous appetizers, innovative seafood and salads to our signature steaks and ribs, come enjoy a freshly prepared, simply delicious cuisine - all with a Houston flavour.
Toronto, Canada
“One and only time”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was my wife's birthday and we thought we would try a new place for dinner. When Houston's first opened a friend of ours had visited and did not give it a great review but we figured it was time to test it ourselves. We ordered from the Barrielicious menus.....my wife the ribs and I the steak (extra $6.00) Her ribs were great thus the poor vs Terrible rating. My meal was horrible. Baked potato would not melt butter... veggies undercooked, the steak was so tough I left part of it. When we told the server about it she said "sorry". No visit from the manager..... The restaurant was not very busy when we arrived and they sat us in one corner next to 4 loud people? The tables were so close we could not get into our seats because of the people at the other table and after sitting for a few minutes we asked to move as we could not hear each other talk. They then set us in the middle section and within a few minutes sat people right behind us and again they had an issue getting seated because the tables are so close...and there were still lots of empty tables around they could have sat people at. Overall it was one of the worst fine dining experiences we have ever had in Barrie. We eat out 3-4 times a week and this will not be getting a second visit. We had also made reservations and had a confirmation sent to us. While in the restaurant I received an e-mail saying or reservation had been cancelled?? As a side note - my wife felt she would also not go back to support an establishment where she felt the dress of the female staff was inappropriate and that Hooters looked mild by comparison.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JimS100

“I'm stuffed”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in Barrie to grab a quick bite and I suggested we try Houston after a friend had recommended it. We didn't have a reservation on a Friday night, but were seated right away. The overall atmosphere was a little louder than I generally go for, but I expect that most people would probably like that a lot. I got the pepper steak with mashed potatoes and it was perfectly cooked and so tasty. I found the food better than the Keg and without the hassle of getting a table. The staff was friendly and the owner came over and introduced himself. Overall it was a great time. It's obviously going to be a bit more expensive than night at Applebee's, but you get what you pay for.

Visited August 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Fantastic Service and Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went with a friend last week to enjoy the Barrielicious Menu they have on year round. We were there on a Thursday evening and the service was fast and the food tasted great. Fast-forward to tonight and I went again with my husband. I had the same meal as before, the tilapia with a lemon dill cream sauce. My husband had a steak and it was cooked to perfection! He raved about it! Our waiter was fantastic. He was knowledgeable about his wines and quick to get us anything we needed. We will definitely be going back as this is now one of our favorite restaurants in Barrie!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ash R
Barrie, Canada
“Excited to return for more great service and food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Dining out with a good friend... We were welcomed at the door by friendly staff members. Nice open atmosphere. Great prices! Food was excellent and portions were large. We took advantage of the daily dinner Barrielicious menu $25 for your choice of 1 of 4 appetizers, 1 of 3 entrees, & 1 of 3 deserts! This is apparently served all year, not just during the actual event! I had carpaccio, tilapia in a tasty dill cream sauce with asparagus and rice, and apple crisp. My friend had Caesar salad, Houston pasta in a rose cream sauce with chorizo and a warm chocolate brownie. We definitely will be returning to try other menu items. They all sounded so good.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Vera789
Barrie
“Good food, nice atmosphere and spectacular service.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had recently gone to Houston for a girls night out with three of my girlfriends. We had a reservation for the four of us at 7:30pm on a Friday night. We arrived and was greeted by a pleasant young hostess who took us to our table. It wasn't terribly busy so it was nice because it wasn't too noisy.

Our server came over with a big smile on his face and asked us how we are, he was cute and had an accent lol, and took our drink order. He told us if we had any questions about the menu to not be shy to ask, he said his name was Nathan. Our drinks came and we asked a few questions as we had a vegetarian with us. He was very knowledgeable and patient and after giving my girlfriend some options we all ordered.

Three of us had a filet mignon with mashed potato, brocoli and carrot. The steak was DIVINE! the vegetables were a little hard and under-cooked but still okay, the mashed potato was nice too. Our vegetarian friend had a pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce which she said she really enjoyed.

We finished with coffee and a desert to share and were very pleased with our entire experience. I was more than happy to pay the bill and will be going back again soon.

• Visited June 2013