“|Was not impressed !”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cundles
Description: We invite you to join us on a culinary adventure that is sure to please even the most discriminating palate. With our decidedly urban upscale vibe, you will discover a great new place to meet friends and family in style.From fabulous appetizers, innovative seafood and salads to our signature steaks and ribs, come enjoy a freshly prepared, simply delicious cuisine - all with a Houston flavour.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to Houston Steak and Ribs on
Bayfield Street, Barrie. Feb 24, 2013.
I ordered the BBQ Ribs and my wife ordered the nachos. About 5 minutes later the waitress came back and said that they did not have any BBQ sauce and would I like to order something else from the menu. I wanted to leave and go somewhere else but my wife said we should stay, I ended up ordering a hamburger. How can you run a restaurant and not have BBQ sauce for your food? that would be like ordering a steak and you don't have any. Not impressed at all and I will not be returning. Better get your act together Houston or your business will fold, a lot of competition on Bayfield street and you have lost me as a customer now!

5  Thank Tom B

Reviewed February 15, 2013

A very impersonal atmosphere for dining. Service was fine, food ok, prices a bit high...wine forget it..over priced. Just to open for me. Would I go back...no...much better value down town
Barrie.

6  Thank Estie46
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had dinner 1 week after this place opened. Had to try it! They really missed the mark. Expensive, Average food, nothing to talk about, Loud music, Small portions. Places like this don't last in Barrie. Surprised it's still here. My wife and I won't miss it when it goes! Bring back the Sea Food place that use to be here.

5  Thank citation01
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had Lunch there and found the restaurant very well put together in regards to a relaxing atmosphere.
It had just opened a few months and the crowds were gone. My wife and I were very pleased with the food and the sevice. We had heard bad comments about the service but on this day we were not disappointed. The Lunch special for the day was a great idea and we enjoyed the portion. We will be back again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited during Barrielicious and ordered from the special menu. The portion sizes were huge and the food was pretty ok. The staff was extremely attentive, almost to the point of being annoying. The décor was confusing. The huge red leather bucket chairs tended to make it tight between tables. The huge red lights on the ceiling gave it a club/disco feel, but there were TV’s everywhere like a sports bar.

1  Thank Snowf1ake4622