“Piece Meal”

Williams Fresh Cafe
Ranked #234 of 503 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout
Collingwood, Canada
“Piece Meal”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Williams has always had an advantage over many cafés due to their comfortable and largish facilities. That is all I can say that's good about the Barrie location as this place has to be the worst run, slowest service and dirtiest around. There weren't many people there but the overstaffed facility just couldn't get it together. People were being served 1 item at a time - one person at your table might get their coffee (should have been poured on the spot at the cash desk) and then 10 minutes later another person at the table would get their food but no drink. The one bringing items to the table apparently couldn't carry more than 1 thing at a time. In addition most of the tables were dirty covered with cups, plates, crumbs and spills. So here is the staff-1 at the register punching in orders at a snail's pace, one behind the counter making drinks but in no specific order-1 drink for this table then another table instead of completing a single order, a food prep person, one to bring food to the tables 1 item at a time and never to the same table and the other one - sitting at one of the tables gobbling down a large plate of food. All in all a very frustrating experience! Reaching the end of my rope-my companion had her iced coffee but no croissant, me no drink, no muffin-I went to the cashier (who was doing nothing) and instructed her to get the missing items for me. I wasn't leaving that spot-wanted the coffee and desserts handed to me and I would take them to the table myself. Guess what? I won't be going back there again and will look with a very critical eye at other Williams as well as this is not an unusual occurrence at these places. On a scale of 1-10 we are in the negatives.

1 Thank 88Sam88

“Love new menu”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We go for lunch love their vanilla ice coffee food good fresh salads .Has been done over a little sterile but very clean.Great desserts they never seem to mind if you seat and visit with your friends.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience ever. ”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Ordered chicken caesar sweet potato fries.

Order ready at 617 brought at 624 stayed in serving window for over five minutes. Asked for fresh order of fries server was shocked at my request.

Gross wrap. Only lettuce chicken and dressing. No favour. Think the water had more flavour. It's basic ingredients: chicken, bacon, parmesan cheese, croutons, dressing and wrap. How do you miss the tasty aspects?

Kitchen staff not wearing hair nets. Not only could you clearly see but I found hair in my food. No sense in advising staff as they clearly don't care for customer service.

Food was not worth the price as it was lacking all flavour. Even the sweet potatoes were brunt the second time around. Black is not flavour it means it's over cooked. Hello ??

Tables were full of crumbs. Majority of them still had dirty dishes. Not sure how people eat there.

Honestly couldn't pay me enough to eat there again. I will be telling family and friends to skip this horrible joint.

1 Thank Cilwf
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is the letter I sent to Willams head office.

I am writing to you today to let you know of our horrible experience this morning at Willams Fresh Café at 501 Bryne Drive in Barrie which will result in us never going to a Willams again. My family and I attended Willams this morning for a late birthday breakfast for my wife. We were very surprised of how empty the restaurant was. We placed the order at 11:55AM. We ordered two blueberry waffles, a breakfast bagel full breakfast and a quesadilla full breakfast. We got our tea and coffee at the counter and were sent to the table with a table number. After approximately 5 minutes, the girls received their milkshakes. A few minutes later, the first waffle arrived for my oldest daughter. She was half done her waffle, when the second waffle was delivered at the table. We were asked by the staff at that time if that was everything we were expecting. We advised her at that time that we were still waiting for two more meals. My oldest daughter finished her waffle and my youngest daughter was half done when my wife went to the counter to speak with the manager about the delay on our breakfast. It was at least 20 minutes since the order had been placed. The manager was very rude as she informed my wife that the order was coming out shortly and that their equipment wasn't printing properly to kitchen. My wife questioned why the order hadn't been written down instead for the kitchen and she was told that the remainder of the order would be out shortly. My wife expressed her frustration because she had wanted to have breakfast with her family and the kids were already done their breakfast. My wife returned to the table and we waited. By this time, my wife was done her coffee and I had a mouthful of tea left that was now stone cold. We waited another 10 minutes and while we observed other customers receiving the meals that they had ordered long after our order had been placed. I looked at the time on my debt receipt and realized we had been in there for 28 minutes and still no sign of food. I went to the counter and asked to speak to the manager. She was again very rude, told me it was not their fault because the system was down and the kitchen was not receiving the printed orders. This is in no way our fault and we were customers that should have been taken care of. The manager and three staff were standing behind the counter doing very little when I suggested that if their system to the kitchen is down, why somebody doesn’t walk the orders to the kitchen when they are placed. I then asked for a refund. The manager then yelled over to the kitchen and told them not to make our breakfast bagel and quesadilla. That tells me our orders hadn't even been started. How understanding would you be if you were out with your family on a special occasion for breakfast and you received this kind of service and not once was there an apology, only excuses? When the girl started my refund, she asked the manager if it would be a full refund. The manager was very quick to tell her NO, because the waffles had already been eaten. So I was given a partial refund for the two breakfast items that were never delivered to the table. We dine out a lot as a family. We have never received such terrible service and attitude from a food establishment. Maybe, this explains why the restaurant was so empty. I certainly hope that this complaint does get addressed with the owner of the Willams Fresh Cafe on 501 Bryne Drive in Barrie. We will never be back and I will be sharing my experience at Willams with others.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Joe D
Buckhorn, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Food was average, service was terrible. We waited a half hour for our food. The food is very expensive for a coffee shop.

Visited February 2013