“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barrie
Carriage Hills Resort
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
London
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed December 4, 2008

We stayed in one of the one bedroom units. We have a family of 4 and it was great! We were there with a hockey team and our room along with the coaches room became the centre of activity because we had such large rooms.

The place was clean and spacious. Kids loved it and my wife really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub.

We had a minor issue with a shower door and the friendly maintenance staff showed up to repair it quickly.

Overall, it was an excellent experience!

I would recommend this resort and advise that the 1 bedroom suites are the way the to go. The studios are quite small and for the difference in price, the one bedroom is much larger and allows for some privacy as well for you and your partner away from the kids.

Keep up the good work!

• Liked — Our room and the pool
  • Disliked — Beds were a little too firm
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Ontario
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We've stayed here twice and WILL return. We LOVED both of our stays. The first time we stayed in the one bedroom with full kitchen. And our last stay we stayed in the resort suite. I would recommend the one bedroom over the resort suite(studio) . The suite has no bath tub, just a shower... and the kitchenette is just a microwave, toaster oven & small bar fridge.. The one bedroom by far beats the studio room and is "worth it" in my opinion.. BUT WE honestly enjoyed both stays, just felt like the one bedroom was a more comfortable stay.

The pool/sauna is wonderful and our kiddo's enjoyed it greatly. They have activities going on throughout the day. It's a nice little "get a way" and is close enough to Barrie and Orillia for some nice little day trips.

I do find the 10:00am check out to be a little early and we felt VERY rushed on check out morning!!

But all is all.. I'm very pleased and recommend highly!

• Liked — The pool area
  • Disliked — To access internet was 10.00/day :(
Newmarket, ON
Reviewed November 28, 2008

My husband and I shared a room with my brother and his wife for our birthdays (we all have December birthdays). Our room was in The Clarence building and we absolutely loved everything about it! We brought our own food and fully used the kitchen to prepare wonderful meals. The 1 bedroom/1 sofa bed room was gorgeous! Very clean! The bathtub was a lot of fun! Our highlight was the pool! We loved the fact that the pool was both and indoor and outdoor pool! To be able to swim under some flaps and be outdoors was breathtaking!!! Especially with all the steam and the light snowfall! The outdoor hot tub was absolutely perfect!!!! We could not have asked for anything better! The staff was very courteous and helpful! My sister in law and I ordered pedicures from Monique (her info. is available on the website) and she came to our room! We didn't even have to leave!!! We did the tree top trekking and that was so much fun!!! Our weekend was amazing and we plan on doing it every year!!! :)

• Liked — The indoor/outdoor pool!
  • Disliked — The lack of comforters in the room (only 1 comforter for the bed, no actual comforter for the sofa bed, just the yucky fuzzy/foam beige blanket... not nice at all)
Toronto
Reviewed November 2, 2008

A group of my friends and I stayed at the Carriage Ridge Resort on the weekend of Nov 1-2, 2008. We had an amazing time! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite that can accomodate up to 8 people. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated; the kitchenette was big enough to allow 3 people to cook at one time; and the living room offered a cozy, comfortable area where we could relax and watch movies. The cost was quite reasonable, we even managed to get a 15% discount for booking in advance.

The recreational area had many facilities including an indoor pool and hot tub (which was well-maintained), billard table, internet access, small fitness center and games & movies to borrow.

The check-in service was excellent. All the staff were friendly and professional. Checking into the resort only took 5 minutes and they were even helpful in providing us with maps of neaby hiking trails. Room service was quick, even at midnight when we requested for extra blankets.

I would highly recommend this resort to everyone. There are many activities nearby including Arbraska tree-top trekking and skiing at Horseshoe Valley. I would definately come back again!

• Liked — Friendly service
  • Disliked — Not enough restaurants in the area
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
ontario
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We stayed for a week on business trip to barrie. Overall it's a nice place but not sure I would stay there again. Check in took a long time & as our company added an extra day to our initial reservation, we actually had to go back the second day & re-register. Makes no sense why they couldn't deal with this at check in, we didn't even change rooms, silly system I guess.
The internet was too expensive & the whole week we were there it wasn't even working. The frustrating part is that the hotel has nothing to do with the internet, it's an independant american company, so to get any help, you have to call a call centre somewhere in the states.
The rooms are very nice, bed comfortable. I loved the fireplace.
It's true that the walls are very thin. You can hear everything around you.
The kitchen was great & had pretty well all the kitchen supplies you would need to cook up a meal. It was also nice to have laundry right outside our door.
As it's in the middle of nowhere, you have to drive to barrie to find some good restaurants.
Beware, checkout is early (10am) & they will charge you if you check out late.

• Liked — fireplace
  • Disliked — internet never worked
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
ontario
Reviewed August 9, 2008

We stumbled across Carriage Hills Resort when we were looking for a family get-a-way close to home. We were thrilled to find this lovely spot. The suite was very spacious and immaculately kept and the indoor - outdoor pool was a big hit with the kids.
My only complaint - it was difficult to enjoy the private balcony that accompanied the suite because of a family of smokers in the suite below.
Overall it was a lovely weekend away - we will definitely return!

• Liked — size of suite & ammenities
  • Disliked — smoking guests
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Took my 6 year old and 4 year old for a 3-night stay in the one-bedroom condo. We had booked the Carriage Ridge, but due to renovations, were put in the Hills instead. Basically the same thing with room lay-out. The rooms and the grounds were spotless, with even my 6 year old asking why there was no garbage on the ground outside. Room was very spacious and comfortable and pretty quiet. My only complaint was the pool. The Ridge has only an indoor pool, so weather is not an issue. The Hills has indoor/outdoor, but the are NOT separate pools, simply plastic tags hanging between them (they didn't tell me that when they moved us to the Hills). Therefore when it rains, they close all the pools. There were ALOT of older kids in the pool, as well as adults, and they play rough. Balls are thrown around very hard, without regard for anyone else in the pool, as well as diving and jumping right over your head and alot of pushing and shoving. My two do not swim well, so we basically had to limit our pool time to a very small corner where I had to shield them from flying bodies and balls. There are life guards on duty, but they do not do anything to curb the rough play (where are these kids's parents?). Other than that, we enjoyed the stay and would come back (although I would try the Ridge next time).

• Liked — Clean, comfortable accomodation
  • Disliked — Unsafe play in pool is ignored by lifeguards
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family