“Very disappointed!”

Cuisines: Thai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We found this restaurant on Yellow pages app. Looking for Thai food in the Barrie area.
First we were surprised to see young children serving tables.
Fresh rolls at most Thai restaurants have shrimp or chicken. These had vegetables only and when I asked for shrimp, I was told "no". Price of the fresh rolls?? $7.95!!
Took 40 mins for food to come and when the vegetable noodle soup arrived that I ordered, it was about a half a cup of broth, a piece of broccoli and one strand of noodles.
I refused it, and left the place hungry.
Word to the wise... Don't go here!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pamrt

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Totally Disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were visiting Barrie and decided to try this restaurant because of the reviews posted on line and because we enjoy Thai food. The restaurant is strategically located as one can view the lake while dining. The owners needs to invest some money in renovations and ensure proper high cleaning. The presentation of the food left much to be desired. The food was absolutely horrid. I have never tasted food so revolting. After a mouthful of each dish I had to abandon eating - it was that bad. Poor representation of Thai food. We spent close to $80.00 at this restaurant and left the majority of it uneaten. Despite the fact that the waiter could see the amount of food left on the plates and she was told that we could not eat the meal there was no effort made to appease us customers.I have never written a review before but I took the time out to avoid you wasting your money and to prevent misrepresentation of Thai food. The restaurant needs to shape up.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Arlene J
Muskegon
“Beautiful Setting, Fabulous Food!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I wanted something a little different this night during my business trip in Barrie. I checked out Trip Advisors and found this gem of a restaurant. Authentic Thai food that was just scrumptuous! The beautiful setting overlooking the lovely lake in downtown Barrie was perfect as the evening fog settled over the lake. This restaurant is in an old Victorian home with a very large deck overlooking the lake. The home is a sight to see as well for this antique lover. The food was excellent served in beautiful china. I wish I could of had my bride with me. You owe it to yourself to check out this excellent restaurant when you are in Barrie.

• Visited May 2013
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Only one nit to pick”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I rarely visit Barrie, it's just a town on the 400 that I drive through to go some place else. But we took a weekend and stayed at a motel and walked the downtown area.

We walked along Dunlop St looking at the places to sit outside and have lunch on a sunny day. Walked a bit beyond the section to see Chaopaya since I had been there some 5 years earlier.
Happily it is just as good as before. Diners at next table were only having coconut chicken soup and swore by it being frequent eaters there.
We had shrimp chips appetiser, chicken pad, and beef and vegetable curry. All were first class. Service prompt and very friendly. A family operation all the way. Lovely decor with artifacts from Thailand. It was still too cool for patio dining but we were seated on a glassed in front porch looking over the bay.
This is my only complaint. The room had carpet flooring and the chairs did not slide well. It was awkward getting in and out from seating space without bumping into neighbour. But this is really nit picking. Truly an excellent meal and highly recomended.
A place to return to whenever I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Wasaga beach
“yummy”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The first time I tried the place for lunch, I was pleasantly surprised. It did not look like much when you first walked in, but slowly I changed my mind. The service was great the wait staff are wonderful and the food is amazing

• Visited February 2013