“Beautiful Setting, Fabulous Food!!”

Chaopaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 512 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Thai
Muskegon
“Beautiful Setting, Fabulous Food!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I wanted something a little different this night during my business trip in Barrie. I checked out Trip Advisors and found this gem of a restaurant. Authentic Thai food that was just scrumptuous! The beautiful setting overlooking the lovely lake in downtown Barrie was perfect as the evening fog settled over the lake. This restaurant is in an old Victorian home with a very large deck overlooking the lake. The home is a sight to see as well for this antique lover. The food was excellent served in beautiful china. I wish I could of had my bride with me. You owe it to yourself to check out this excellent restaurant when you are in Barrie.

• Visited May 2013

Penetanguishene, Canada
“Only one nit to pick”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I rarely visit Barrie, it's just a town on the 400 that I drive through to go some place else. But we took a weekend and stayed at a motel and walked the downtown area.

We walked along Dunlop St looking at the places to sit outside and have lunch on a sunny day. Walked a bit beyond the section to see Chaopaya since I had been there some 5 years earlier.
Happily it is just as good as before. Diners at next table were only having coconut chicken soup and swore by it being frequent eaters there.
We had shrimp chips appetiser, chicken pad, and beef and vegetable curry. All were first class. Service prompt and very friendly. A family operation all the way. Lovely decor with artifacts from Thailand. It was still too cool for patio dining but we were seated on a glassed in front porch looking over the bay.
This is my only complaint. The room had carpet flooring and the chairs did not slide well. It was awkward getting in and out from seating space without bumping into neighbour. But this is really nit picking. Truly an excellent meal and highly recomended.
A place to return to whenever I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Wasaga beach
“yummy”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The first time I tried the place for lunch, I was pleasantly surprised. It did not look like much when you first walked in, but slowly I changed my mind. The service was great the wait staff are wonderful and the food is amazing

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“AhhhhMaaazing! Super tasty Thai.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had the Green Curry Chicken & Pad Thai lunch special as take-out. It was some of the best Thai I've ever had!! I would definitely go back again. It was also incredibly affordable.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank shewakeboards
Barrie, Canada
“One of Barrie's best kept secrets”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I eat about 200 restaurant meals a year and I'm never disappointed here. Probably the best Thai place in town set in a Beautiful restored Victorian home. Meals are reasonable, always fresh and they cater to clients tastes. They are very good at authentic Thai but will tone it down for the faint of heart. It's a must try

2 Thank ramblingsalesman