“Great food and great service”

The Crazy Fox Bistro
Ranked #17 of 518 Restaurants in Barrie
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Crazy Fox Bistro brings together the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. This popular Barrie restaurant has been providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere since 1986. Award-winning chef and owner Coos Uylenbroek creates unique dishes that tantalize the senses using only the freshest ingredients available. The Crazy Fox Bistro's staff offer superior, personalized service to its many satisfied customers. It's the perfect place in Barrie to stop by after work to try a scrumptious appetizer in the cozy bar area or savour superb cuisine in the multi-level dining room for the full fine dining experience.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

A friend and I visited this restaurant for the first time and it was a very good experience. The food was a bit more expensive than we typically go for ($20-$30 for most entrees). But the food was delicious so I don't feel bad about the price (It's not their fault I'm cheap :P). The service was also very good; the staff really try to make you feel welcome. It's definitely a great place to stop in for a nice dinner out and experience something other than a chain restaurant in Barrie.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The best thing going for this restaurant is the food, everything on the menu is tasty and excellent. That said I find their prices a bit overpriced for what the restaurant is, the wine menu especially is way over priced, they offer only most glasses and if you want a full bottle it starts at like $60+ The atmosphere of the place is just average, the downstairs area by the bar or outside on the patio is probably best but the upstairs area is kind of dated looking and not as nice. I don't want this review to come off sounding too negative because we did have a pleasant evening there, it's just some of the things mentioned above I think is keeping this place down from being a more higher end restaurant it wants to be. I would probably go back for a beer and app but not a full meal again.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've eating here several times with a postive experience. Today was the latest.
From something simple like the Mushroom Soup to higher end like the Breast of
Chicken you will get a meal a step above other restaurants. I recommend visting
here if you are ever in Barrie.

1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I attended Barrielicious this week at the Crazy Fox. After several recommendations from co-workers, this was our first experience there. The setting is charming, we had a table upstairs with a great view. I ordered a steak as did my son. I don't think I've ever had such a perfectly cooked meal. It was mouth-watering. The server was lovely and really made us feel welcome and valued there. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have been to the Crazy Fox several times and the food, service and amenities were very good. However, this evening started poorly, not a single premium liquor on the bar, not even a white rum. Drinks were finely decided upon and poured; my wife's gin and tonic arrived, light brown in color and tasting of ginger. Our waitress claimed she saw the color, but she still served it! Entrees and mains were good, but no attention to water. Wine was opened and the waitress poured a taste in my wife's glass, not mine, even though I ordered it! Dessert course arrived and no coffee or liqueurs were offered; no bill brought to the table. After 20+ minutes we asked for our bill. This may seem to be petty, but the Crazy Fox can do much better than this.

1  Thank MurrayFirth
CrazyFoxBistro, Owner at The Crazy Fox Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Mr. Firth:

We want to let you know that your constructive criticism is not petty, but much appreciated. We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had during your recent visit. The server has been made aware of your comments and has been advised accordingly.

We now stock a premium rum at the bar, as you requested, in addition to all the premium vodkas, gins, scotch, etc., which we normally carry.

We do instruct our servers not to push the bill on people and make them feel they need to leave quickly, but we will make an effort in the future to try to better anticipate those who may want their bill a little sooner.

Thank you for your continued patronage and your welcomed feedback. We do hope your next visit is more in line with your expectations.