“Always a treat to eat here.”

The Crazy Fox Bistro
Ranked #20 of 523 Restaurants in Barrie
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crazy Fox Bistro brings together the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. This popular Barrie restaurant has been providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere since 1986. Award-winning chef and owner Coos Uylenbroek creates unique dishes that tantalize the senses using only the freshest ingredients available. The Crazy Fox Bistro's staff offer superior, personalized service to its many satisfied customers. It's the perfect place in Barrie to stop by after work to try a scrumptious appetizer in the cozy bar area or savour superb cuisine in the multi-level dining room for the full fine dining experience.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've eating here several times with a postive experience. Today was the latest.
From something simple like the Mushroom Soup to higher end like the Breast of
Chicken you will get a meal a step above other restaurants. I recommend visting
here if you are ever in Barrie.

1  Thank Neil M

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I attended Barrielicious this week at the Crazy Fox. After several recommendations from co-workers, this was our first experience there. The setting is charming, we had a table upstairs with a great view. I ordered a steak as did my son. I don't think I've ever had such a perfectly cooked meal. It was mouth-watering. The server was lovely and really made us feel welcome and valued there. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have been to the Crazy Fox several times and the food, service and amenities were very good. However, this evening started poorly, not a single premium liquor on the bar, not even a white rum. Drinks were finely decided upon and poured; my wife's gin and tonic arrived, light brown in color and tasting of ginger. Our waitress claimed she saw the color, but she still served it! Entrees and mains were good, but no attention to water. Wine was opened and the waitress poured a taste in my wife's glass, not mine, even though I ordered it! Dessert course arrived and no coffee or liqueurs were offered; no bill brought to the table. After 20+ minutes we asked for our bill. This may seem to be petty, but the Crazy Fox can do much better than this.

1  Thank MurrayFirth
CrazyFoxBistro, Owner at The Crazy Fox Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Mr. Firth:

We want to let you know that your constructive criticism is not petty, but much appreciated. We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had during your recent visit. The server has been made aware of your comments and has been advised accordingly.

We now stock a premium rum at the bar, as you requested, in addition to all the premium vodkas, gins, scotch, etc., which we normally carry.

We do instruct our servers not to push the bill on people and make them feel they need to leave quickly, but we will make an effort in the future to try to better anticipate those who may want their bill a little sooner.

Thank you for your continued patronage and your welcomed feedback. We do hope your next visit is more in line with your expectations.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Five of us enjoyed a great lunch here the other day. We were warmly greeted and seated promptly. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, is spacious and bright. Our meals consisted of the Bang Bang Shrimp, Kale Salad, Quiche of the day, Classic Toasted Club and the Penne. All dishes were nicely presented and quite tasty. Our waitress was very attentive, polite and patient. We were here for a “family” get together and at no time did we feel rushed. I would certainly return.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Eaten here a few times as it is almost at the end of our street. The food, prepared by the Dutch owner-chef, is excellent, and we haven't ever been disappointed by what has been put in front of us on our plates. However, what has stopped us from returning more frequently is the microscopic portions of wine that are served. The stinginess on this front is quite insulting, and so whenever the thought crosses our mind to nip down to the crazy Fox for a bite to eat, it is relegated down the list by establishments that are more generous with their wine.

1  Thank Hove_Windsurfer
CrazyFoxBistro, Owner at The Crazy Fox Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

All of our wines by the glass are 6 oz. pours. Portions may seem small because we have different sized glasses and some of our nicer ones hold up to 14 oz., which makes the wine look like a smaller pour. However, we guarantee a 6 oz. pour, which is generally better than many restaurants which only offer 5 oz.