“Disappointment !!”

The Crazy Fox Bistro
Ranked #18 of 516 Restaurants in Barrie
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crazy Fox Bistro brings together the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. This popular Barrie restaurant has been providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere since 1986. Award-winning chef and owner Coos Uylenbroek creates unique dishes that tantalize the senses using only the freshest ingredients available. The Crazy Fox Bistro's staff offer superior, personalized service to its many satisfied customers. It's the perfect place in Barrie to stop by after work to try a scrumptious appetizer in the cozy bar area or savour superb cuisine in the multi-level dining room for the full fine dining experience.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Have been here before and enjoyed a great experience. Was extremely disappointed this time. 1:00pm after lunch rush. 1 waitress, numerous tables, service was strained. Meal was extremely suspect!! Seafood linguine was terrible, white sauce more like chicken soup , runny and semi transparent?? 18% manditory service charge then hst on that again! Really.

There are newer reviews for The Crazy Fox Bistro

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've lived in Barrie for 17 years, but for some reason had never visited this restaurant. I guess we were stuck in a restaurant rut visiting the same place over and over again. What a happy suprise to try the Crazy Fox. We started with a caesar salad that had an amazing load of flavour, my husband had the steak for a main (which he loved) and I had the chicken. Everything was perfectly prepared and I really couldn't believe the flavours in the chicken dish - they complemented each other perfectly. Service was very nice, and I found the prices on the menu to be very reasonable for what you received for a nice night out. (Wine was overpriced though, in my humble opinion). The entire experience impressed me, but the food is what will have me coming back.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you go here at night, they keep the lighting dim and light candles, so you don't realize how dirty and rundown the place looks. My husband and I went here recently during daylight hours and I was shocked at the dirty floors and the cobwebs all over everything. They've stacked wine crates and broken branches all over and they're covered in a huge layer of dust. There are spiderwebs all over everything, even hanging on all of the lights and fans. It's actually rather creepy. When the dining area is that bad, it makes me worry that the kitchen isn't really clean either. For the price of this place (easily $100 for two people with an entrée, drinks, dessert and a tip) and how small it is, I'd at least expect the rooms to be clean. As for the food, we really only go here for the desserts. When I'm craving crème brulee, they do have a decent one, and the blood orange sorbet and raspberry chocolate truffle wedge are both wonderful and have really rich flavors. My husband always gets a steak, but it's definitely not his favorite steak in Barrie. It comes with onion rings and mashed potatoes that don't have a lot of flavor, but my husband asked for the baked potato this time and it was actually (perhaps sadly) our favorite part of the main course. I got the vegetarian ravioli, and it's the only time in my life I haven't really liked a pasta dish. It was strangely very sweet and has something like a cinnamon flavor to it. It was like eating a bowl of warm, sweet, lightly spiced, mushy cream cheese more than anything. I'll probably still stop in for just a dessert some time in the future, but I'm giving up on the rest of the small menu, and I hope that they clean the establishment up a bit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had a lovely dinner at the Crazy Box Bistro! We arrived nearly 1/2 hour early, but were seated right away. Our server brought freshly baked, warm buns and real butter to enjoy while we decided what to have.

I had the whole wheat ravioli stuffed with squash, with spinach and a cream sauce, and fresh parmesan cheese and beet chips on top.

The beet chips were fab!

My mom had the arctic char, with jasmine rice and fresh vegetables. She loved it.

To start, I had the spinach salad with apple slices and goat cheese. Delightful! The salad came with small cubes of red peppers, which I don't really care for, but that is no detriment to the salad itself.

The service was very attentive, and despite the restaurant filling up while we were there, we did not feel rushed to leave.

What else can be said? A memorable meal with friendly, attentive service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Once again excellent. My favourite restaurant in Barrie! Not only is the food to die for but the service is incredible. Thanks to server Mike M. - he could make anyone enjoy their visit.