“Best Fish & Chips in Simcoe County”

Danny's Fish and Chips
Ranked #12 of 537 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: British
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the best fish & chip restaurant. Service and food are great. Take out is also available. I highly recommend this place.

3  Thank Therese M

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family is from Derbyshire, and one of my cousins always tells me to wait until I am in the North to order fish and chips. Usually I take his advice, but it is also true in Canada. Barrie isn't really the North anymore than Derby is, but the best Canadian fish & chips I have had are at Danny's which is not far from my house, which makes it even more convenient. In fact I probably shouldn't even be writing this because as earlier reviewers have said, there are times when the wait to get in can be quite long. Luckily they also have take-out at the back of the restaurant. My sister and I have tried to analyse what makes these fish & chips so special, and we think it is something in the batter, which makes it so crisp. Others have mentioned the trio plates, which I always get, because you get a small salad and just half the fries, which are more than I need. The service is always quick and friendly here.

3  Thank MickeysMama
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was our first time visit on May 24th, the waitress was pleasant and helpful and the food was great. I'm not much of a fish (halibut) person but this was the best I've had so far. Hubby had the scallops and chips and he said the scallops melted in his mouth. Love the idea of the 'trio' option, so that you can have a smaller quantity of chips and a salad/slaw. Had a bit of a wait to get a table but it was well worth it. We'll be back soon :)

3  Thank crslvstd
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is simply the very best fish and chip joint in Barrie. I went with Friends recently and was totally impressed by the food (fish and chips) and the service. The fact that something like 30 people were waiting to get in when we left tells you all you need to know about the quality of the fish and chips. The young lady we had serving us was efficient but also engaging and helpful. If you can put up with my kidding and teasing you have to have a good sense of humour. The atmosphere was average but people come here for the great food not the atmosphere. I would highly recommend this place however if you go on a Friday go early it does get very busy.

2  Thank John C
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My first visit to Danny's fish and chip's...exceptional!!! The ambiance is lovely, clean and welcoming. The staff is lovely and polite. The food is fantastic! The best fish and chips i've had ever!! The fish is so fresh and the batter is so light and crispy. Coleslaw to die for!!. The owners are light hearted and so courtious!! I will definitely be visiting Danny's place the next time I'm in Barrie! They have great coffee too!! ; )

3  Thank blondebeachbaby

Been to Danny's Fish and Chips? Share your experiences!