“Authentic Retro Diner”

Midway Diner
Ranked #71 of 524 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are looking for an authentic retro diner, something truly from the 50's and not just made to look like the 50's, then look no further than Barrie's Midway Diner. There once was a time that Barrie and Allendale were two separate towns and the Midway Diner was literally midway between the two communities. Today of course, Barrie has consumed Allendale, the Midway Diner stands as a memory of days gone by. Open 7 days a week from 6 or 7 a.m. until 2 p.m., be prepasd for a line-up on Sunday mornings. More than just a neighbourhood hang-out, customers come from far and wide for the reliable food and modest prices. Highly reconmended as a great "greasy spoon."

1  Thank Janys H

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is your typical family owned restaurant with cleanliness, tidy, great service, sociable staff, GOOD food and I eat there monthly. People that want upgrading on walls and paint colour should really think about the atmosphere and history of the restuarant. I appreciated the money being put into a great chef, super employees instead of the open modern concept of architechture. I like this family, greasy (not really) spoon type restaurant with reasonable prices and happy walls.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great food in that old school greasy spoon kind of way. Eggs Benedict is excellent. Avoid the spinach omelette. NB cash only.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Hey you would think you are in NYC or Montreal so real is this diner.
Ask for sausages well done and they are. Great for all day breakfast and triple D inspired lunches.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This restaurant is small, when you get there I was a bit confused I didn't know if I was suppose to wait to be seated or seat myself, so we seated ourselves since no one seemed to care if we sat or not. We had to wait until a empty table was available since it was busy. When we finally sat we ordered the food, the prices were reasonable and the food was tasty (try the omelette). This restaurant is need of major renovations, the both next to us had a leaky ceiling and holes in it, and it kept on leaking on the customers that were eating at the booth and the owners didn't even bother to warn them when they sat there. The washroom is dirty and old and needs a renovation. I will not go back.

1  Thank ldantimo