“A pleasant surprise.”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were walking in the area looking for a place for dinner and made our choice of Donaleigh's based on a scientific principal. There were more people on their patio than anyone elses. I had a burger and the cheese and brocolli soup. The burger was properly done with some fresh condiments including red onion that made my eyes water and the soup was one of the best I've ever had. Left brain had an arugula, asparagus, mushroom and shrimp salad with balsamic dressing that she raves about. The service was quick and friendly, the portions are generous and the prices very reasonable. It's unfortunate we were only passing through because there was more on the menu I wanted to try. On the negative side, they need to brink a drinks menu to the table. Asking what's on tap is annoying for me and most likely for the server. I want to know if the bar has a wide selection in case there's something I want to try and consider my selection based on what I'm going to eat. Another negative which is hardly their fault is the smoking issue. While there isn't smoking on the patio, smokers standing right outside the fence isn't any better. While I'm coming across as a born again non-smoker, I have to say, get a grip people. Surely you see that blowing smoke into the faces of people trying to eat makes us despise you.

1  Thank dwcisme

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We love this Pub!!!!The food is always great!!!!Service even better!!!!
Don't miss it ,you will love it too!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We've stopped in for lunch and a couple pints on three diffrent occasions and still love it. The patio is lovely, the service is fairly good, and the food is Amazing! The club sandwich was our favorite as it's not the usual club sandwich to be found elsewhere. Really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to going back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went in for lunch while on business in Barrie. Ate at the bar. Had steak and Brie open faced sandwich. Food was fine, beer was....fine.....everything was just... fine.. OK, I get it - it's only lunch on a Tuesday, but hey staff girls....try smiling a little - how about even speaking to your customers!! If you can't do that, then a least turn the TV's up so we have something to do while we eat....jeez folks, you have a nice looking place there - engage with your customers and pick up your game!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped by during the bar hopping!

Ordered some drinks and wine adn also their signature "Nachos"

OK......cooked with potatoes instead if chips. Not one of my favourtie but I will give them credit for being different and thinking outside the box!

Will rate again later as I heard the food here was good!!