“Food was OK but mediocre beer selection”

Donaleigh's Irish Public House
Ranked #3 of 507 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dayton, OH
“Food was OK but mediocre beer selection”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had the fish and chips and I was impressed by the size and quality of the fish. The fries were well cooed also. They have a nice patios in both front and back. I was disappointed by the beer selection, for an area with so much good beer they had mostly Molson products and a few of the standard Irish beers.

• Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Why were both the burgers and the waitperson so "dry"?”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The room was great and the wood bar impressive. The burgers we asked for were to be medium but they arrived overdone. We were told that the law requires well done. Never experienced that excuse. Other than that the place deserves another go and we will give it a try. The waitstaff should try interacting more pleasantly with the customers although one waitress was very pleasant--maybe they also didn't like having to wear those school girl kilts!

• Visited June 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Great Pub”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Been here a couple of times and every time I have been it has been great my mom introduced me to it however I have taken my husband a couple of times since and he has loved the food as well. He is the true test he is such a foodie! Anyways great food great atmosphere only pulled pork I have had outside an actual BBQ joint that I have enjoyed. Guiness gravy to boot. We will be back for sure. Pulled pork tacos the grilled cheese that they do is what I have had. Best sweet potato fries I have had as well!

• Visited January 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Great Pub atmosphere”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a fun place to spend some time with friends in a truly wonderful pub atmosphere. The pub food is plentiful and quite good. We tend to go for just the appetisers and beer. We have eaten here but found the quantity a bit overwhelming and the food just above average. However the atmosphere is fun the beer is cold and the staff are very helpful and friendly. We love going here for a Friday night out and the appetizers and beer are great. Friday there is always some entertainment which is fun. You can see this is a place friends like to come and meet for a great evening out. We go back at least once a week and highly recommend you give it a try.

Visited May 2013
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“I love pubs, this one hit the mark!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visit Donaleigh's whenever I am in town! I really enjoy it. Good service, good food, cold beer. Fun place to go with a special someone or friends. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited January 2013