“Not your average pub”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Not your average pub”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place was great! I had wanted to try it based on the rating on TRIP ADVISOR, and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was great! I loved the differnt salads they have. We have been back several times and each time it has been great! I have tried the Tuna salad which is fantastic! The grilled mushroom salad was good but however a little bland. Great portions and amount of mushrooms but the arugula kind of over powered. The wings were good. The chicken sandwich was good not the best in Barrie but lovely with the advocado! My hubs tried the lamb tacos and said they were great! The greatest in my opinion was the SWEET POTATO FRIES!!! sOOOOO crispy and the buttermilk sauce was to die for!! delish! GOT TO TRY THEM!!!

• Visited June 2012

Bracebridge, Canada
“Touch of Irish”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went here with some friends this past Friday night and had a great time. We arrived at 8 pm for a late dinner and a few beers. I will definitely go back as it was a great experience. The service was excellent and I have no complaints about the atmosphere. The place was packed, as you would expect being downtown Barrie on a Friday night. And even though the place was full, the service was quick and up to par. The menu is what you would expect from a pub. We ordered a variety of food and all of it was tasty. The Smoked Salmon (0n Flatbread) is a must order appetizer, as are their Hot Buffalo Wings (they rank in my Top 5 for wings, which is something you wouldn't expect from an Irish Pub). I got mocked for ordering wings instead of classic pub food but it was worth the gamble. I guess I will have to try that stuff the next time I go back, which will be in the near future.

Toronto
“Dinner on a hot night.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The restaurant was quite good. It seems to be one of the busier restaurants in the area so we assumed this a sign that it must be one of the better restaurants. The service was very good. A large party had arrived just before us; the staff gave us a heads up and asked if we wanted to order our dinner quickly or we might get a a bit of a wait. We ordered and were served quickly. The portions were large and good value. The food was pretty good, no complaints, not sure any of us would run back to have any of the meals again but it was very good. The music was nice. The waitress was attentive and altogether a nice evening out. We would go back again.

Cascais, Portugal
“Fantastic meal!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food....great atmosphere. We went for my brother's 43rd birthday! The kids loved the Mac and cheese. Live music. Everything was perfect. Highly recommend it!

Innisfil, Canada
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Unfortunately your expectations get pretty high when you see everyone giving 5*s and I hate to rain on the parade, but I was not terribly impressed with my food.
The waitress was good, the atmosphere was the usual Irish pub atmosphere; a little on the grungy side but my fish tacos needed sprucing up.
I love fish tacos and have them whenever possible. So, I might be a little fussy. I have no complaint regarding the amount of fish in the taco but the combination of rather ordinary cole slaw and a cold taco really doesn't make it. The cole slaw soaks into the taco and turns it into a unpalatable piece of cold dough. (I ate the fish only from my second taco.)
Two tacos are served with some sort of red sauce which I would guess came out of a bottle and a miniature lime slice. I also had the french fries, which were very good.
Fish tacos are a Mexican street food. They should pop with flavour and spice and the taco should be hit with a bit of heat to bring out the flavour. I should be able to taste the cilantro and have at least a 1/4 piece of lime and some fresh pico del gallo or some Cholula sauce if it has to come out of a bottle. The dish should arrive at least warm. If you have to use cole slaw, put it on top of the fish not on the taco and don't use creamy cole slaw. It really makes a mess of the meal.
In all fairness, my friends liked the hamburg and the chicken pot pie. Didn't rave about them, but did like them. Maybe I ordered their weakest meal but it's all I have to refer to for my rating.

2 Thank johntorr