“Best hotel in Barrie!”

Knights Inn Barrie
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
“Best hotel in Barrie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is reasonably priced, walking distance to downtown Barrie and the staff is incredible. I've been here dozens of times and have never had a bad experience. If you are visiting Barrie the Howard Johnson is the best hotel by far, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights, it was wonderful, clean and the staff were very friendly. I give this hotel 5 stars! The breakfast was delicious!... I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in the honeymoon sweet recently with my husband for our anniversary. It was an amazing stay and the staff were very pleasant and accomodating. The room was very romantic and private. The location is perfect and close to all amenities including, restaurants, bars, shopping, waterfront etc. It was a fantastic weekend and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Honeymoon sweet is the way to go!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The title says it all......
Howard Johnson Barrie is close to shopping and restaurants, the price is reasonable and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. I appreciate conveniences like a microwave, iron, fridge and free wi-fi. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. This is my first choice when staying in Barrie. It is close to downtown.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! The double bed rooms is Excellent!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ebinantoo
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was worth of my money that I spent for weekend at Howard Johnson at Barrie. My wife and nephew were really happy with the location of the motel. It was the only one near the down town and watching santa clause parade from across the street was a pleasant experience with family and friends. The only thing I was not pleased about was weather and drunk people on down town street. There is also a restaurant next to the motel and the buffet at restaurant was really yummy. I enjoyed fishing at creek passing through the parking lot. Twenty four hour service including housekeeping and room service were some of the convenient facilities that helped us to spend time with family and we were free to as for service when we want and didn't have to worry for morning knock on the door when kids were sleeping. They also offers continental breakfast at morning 6 to 9 am. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Free parking also helped to save money and can park right at the door of room and wonderful open area for kids to play. Building was old but preety looking and nicely managed. Clean place to stay and nice interior was really attractive.

Room Tip: Book in advance if planning to travel Barrie during weekend as it if difficult to find a room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank prash9191
SHIVA140, General Manager at Knights Inn Barrie, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thanks for leaving us a review. We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Too good.. I liked the service and clean area... they have changed a lot with new flat screen smart tv and whiter sheets and towels. Breakfast is a real advantage. All to eaat toast bagel juice.. tea coffee fruit crerals and waffles were fresh...

• Stayed October 2013
Guelph
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very dated rooms. Basic cable only. Reservations made through the HOWARD JOHNSON number was not honoured!! I had a confirmation number for my reservation and it was NOT honoured. There is no onsite restaurant therefore no breakfast offered. The chinese buffet next door does NOT offer breakfast items. I will not stay at a HOWARD JOHNSON again due to this terrible experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hey Brenda, thanks for leaving us a review. We are currently updating our room, and part of the update is that we are switching to a digital cable service provider. As for the breakfast: we do indeed offer a continental breakfast, however it is not offered through the adjoining buffet. It is located in our own breakfast room located adjacent to the office. Please come again to see how we have improved.

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels