“Not so happy.”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Hamilton
“Not so happy.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked a room with fridge and microwave. Had to negotiate and show proof of booking to get the room with amenities (front desk tried to give me lesser room than booked). Entry door to units was loud when closing and had a hard time sleeping. Continental breakfast is 6am-9am (I found this timeframe unusual to eat breakfast as any hotel I have stayed in usually offers it until 10am). The room could have been cleaner (the towels were very a very dingy colour, not the usual white)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

SHIVA140, General Manager at Knights Inn Barrie, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi Larry, I apologize for our mistake with the booking. Though I am relieved to hear that you were able to resolve the issue promptly with the front desk. Our breakfast time used to actually be from 6:00AM to 10:00AM, but we found that it was very rare that anyone would come after 9:00. After a while of this, we decided to cut the time to preserve freshness. If there are enough people who suggest that we change it back to the 6-10AM timetable: we shall gladly do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A nice place to have a family stay , bit old building but very nice service . walking distance from almost everything . totally worth my money . breakfast wad wide . called for extra pillows and towels and came in few minutes .

Recommend to all family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Priyanka C
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. I'm glad that you were happy with your stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Anywhere but here would be my advice. Can't begin to tell you what was wrong. Service wise they tried, however.......The final straw was trying to take a shower in the morning. No hot water. I let the water run for 8 minutes. A call to the front desk was answered immediately. The clerk tried to help. Told me there was hot water in both rooms on either side. I just had to be patient. Some times hot water takes time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SHIVA140, General Manager at Knights Inn Barrie, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We are aware that in rare cases, in the rooms farthest from the tank: hot water takes a long time to arrive. We are working to address that problem, and hope that you give us another chance in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels

Toronto
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was slanted to the point the bed was on an angle. There was no thermostat and the room was so hot. The key didnt work in the side door so I had to walk unnecessary distances to get to my room
Not a good experience

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

I am sorry that you had issues with your door during your stay with us. In the future, please feel free to alert the front desk staff about any issues, large or small, and know that we will do our best to address them.