“Maybe a 3 1/2 Star Establishment”
Review of Fran's Restaurant - CLOSED

Fran's Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had not eaten at Fran's for a long time. Its very comfortable eating establishment. I have to give it 3 stars as I need to try and visit again. The selection is your typical Canadian Menu Items.
I had the Monte Cristo.
It appears very clean and staff friendly.
We were there on a Tuesday night , not many people so the service was good.
I will try it again.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We've eaten at Fran's several times and the food has been okay. But this time I had a burger and it was fantastic! It was not greasy at all (I hate grease) and the seasoning was delicious. I really hit the spot.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I hate giving out 2 stars. The wait staff are friendly and they took our order quickly. They were very professional. But the food took forever to arrive. The restaurant was not busy so I could not understand the inordinate wait time. When the food finally arrived, it was cold. I am not sure whether it sat in the window too long and it was not served or the cook staff were inattentive.

I will not go back. For the money spent, Fran's is a disappointment.

Too bad, as I truly liked the wait staff.

1  Thank MaximumVelocity
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The potato, bacon soup was good, but the grilled cheese could have been better. Waitress didn't have much life either or she was too busy. About the cheapest average food you can get. Also, could you check the menu for dead bugs before you give it to me and could someone clean the windows, ours was very dirty and makes you wonder about the rest of the place

2  Thank georgewdear
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We went there for dinner to try it, daughter likes spaghetti without sauce and we ordered fish and chips, a small ice cream size bowl of spaghetti arrived and not long after our daughter asked if she could have a little more. I asked the waitress if my daughter could have some more and the response surprised me " you know we are going to have to charge you for another BOWL! " Wow I couldn't care less if it was additional $5 even though at .99 cent for a whole package. But let me tell you, there is a way to let a father know your going to have to spend a little more to have a child's bowl topped up rather than the way she belted another BOWL! to me. Waitress killed her tip, we left - daughter ate second bowl and felt terrible for asking and we won't be back. They Should understand what providing good service means or don't be in the service industry.

1  Thank Grant H