“okay but”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Acton, Canada
“okay but”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The potato, bacon soup was good, but the grilled cheese could have been better. Waitress didn't have much life either or she was too busy. About the cheapest average food you can get. Also, could you check the menu for dead bugs before you give it to me and could someone clean the windows, ours was very dirty and makes you wonder about the rest of the place

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank georgewdear

Barrie, Canada
“Cheap on service, rude waitress.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We went there for dinner to try it, daughter likes spaghetti without sauce and we ordered fish and chips, a small ice cream size bowl of spaghetti arrived and not long after our daughter asked if she could have a little more. I asked the waitress if my daughter could have some more and the response surprised me " you know we are going to have to charge you for another BOWL! " Wow I couldn't care less if it was additional $5 even though at .99 cent for a whole package. But let me tell you, there is a way to let a father know your going to have to spend a little more to have a child's bowl topped up rather than the way she belted another BOWL! to me. Waitress killed her tip, we left - daughter ate second bowl and felt terrible for asking and we won't be back. They Should understand what providing good service means or don't be in the service industry.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Grant H
Barrie, Canada
“consistent and predictable and just fine”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We enjoy going to Frans for "comfort food" once in a while. Yesterday I decided to move away from my usual mac and cheese (which is really good) and try the Caesar salad with chicken. It turned out to be a great choice. I requested light on the dressing (as I find most places drench the veggies with dressing) and they followed through. The dressing was mild and not too overwhelming. The chicken was nicely grilled and cut in thin strips. It included lots and lots of crisp fresh bacon pieces (not bits) and garlicky croutons. A very satisfying lunch. My friend also enjoyed her entree (club sandwich) although not quite as much. It was ok. Wait staff were efficient and pleasant, the wait was not overly long (it was not busy.) A good place for a satisfying lunch without pretension. Not spectacular, just clean, tasty and fresh.

• Visited May 2014
Horseshoe Valley, Canada
“Awesome pancakes!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you love pancakes then this is the place for you. They consistently make the best tasting pancakes in town. We always order extra to take back home. The service may be a little slow, but the staff are always happy and eager to please. This is a must stop place for breakfast if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Acton, Canada
“not great”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Thought we would try this place for breakfast. Eggs were tasteless and not that well cooked , farmers sausage was nothing great either. Hash browns were good though. Their namesake ketchup was of metro taste, Heinz where are you ? Not that great, McDonalds would have been better. The place looks a little run down too. Men's washroom was circa 1960.

• Visited March 2014