“Mediocre”

Add it.
Retro Planet
Ranked #20 of 22 Fun & Games in Barrie
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A few of the games didn't work properly. The food was greasy and very basic. A few machines took coins, but didn't actually work. Some of the tickets were getting jammed which frustrated my children.

2  Thank Jennie S

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

A LOT of games out of order. Next time I'll check around before buying so many tokens. Ordered food which was good but took a long time to get someone from the back to take our order. Staff were helpful when machines out of tickets, prizes ok.

1  Thank italboi
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The staff was great, we only saw one staff member the whole time, besides the staff in the restaurant, and she was really great and fun. The prices were a little higher than I expected to pay, especially the food, $2.50 for a glass of milk..., oh well at least my son's meal was free. Even still, we went to the all you can play for $14.99 on Thursday, something like that, my husband and I did it, and most of the games that were free were broken or weren't very good. My son did enjoy seeing "the animals" at the mini-golf but he was a little afraid of the dark at first, I liked playing the midway games, unfortunately most of them weren't very good or broken too. Needless to say, were still undecided, who knows maybe we just had a bad visit.

2  Thank Dani616
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had taken the kids here a few times when it first opened. They liked it, the food was good, but we haven't been back in several years.
What happened???
The restaurant is gone, in its place is a "diner" that doesn't offer a single healthy food item for the children it's supposed to be marketing to. When I asked what type of oil is used in the deep fryer, it took 5 minutes of back and forth talking between staff with no answer in the end. The pizza was go greasy that simply wiping my hands on the napkin wasn't enough. Had to use running water and soap.
My kids lost their excitement as soon as they realized there was a big limit on which of the games were actually up and running.
The prizes seemed cheap and not worth it, but my boys didn't have an issue with them, so I guess that's a good thing for them.
I left unhappy, vowing not to go back. Broken games, food that leaves you feeling like you have lead in your stomach.
Too bad it has changed from the family sit down restaurant it used to be.

4  Thank EdisonsWife
See more reviews
Reviewed October 31, 2013

When RP first opened it was fantastic fun! They had a great sit down restaurant, with excellent food and fun themed booths. The games were fun for kids and adults alike and there was a little bar section in the back where you and your friends could go later at night and hang out. Now the 40% of the games are " Out of Order" The restaurant is gone, and in its place a mock diner that serves terrible food. Cheap, greasy pizza and cold hot dogs. The bathroom smells and looks dirty. The prizes for the games are cheaper quality and the staff is like oatmeal. Just there to be there.

This is not just based on a 1 time return visit, I have been back several times in the past year and nothing has changed. The same games are broken and the food is terrible. Parents, make the drive to Chuck E Cheese in Vaughan, at least the games work there.

2  Thank LissyAnn_77