“"Appreciate the SPICE"”

SPICE
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have been to Spice several times and each one has been truly amazing. I have found the owner/server to be very professional and very hospitable. His pleasant manner has always made me feel so welcome and demonstrates his appreciation for the business.
I have ate in numerous Indian restaurants, and Spice ranks considerably above the others. The food presentation was superb and the taste was amazing. Special attention was made in preparing the food to match my request for the desired spice taste, service throughout was excellent and the price is reasonable.
Since my work involves considerable travel, I eat out in many restaurants. I sincerely endorse "Spice" as one of the restaurants that is well worth the try. I am confident you'll be impressed!!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

After a long time wife and I went on "date night". Arrived and were promptly seated. Server took a while to take order but not too long. Submitted order for appetizer and main meal at same time. That's the last we saw of server. Over an HOUR later, no drinks, no papdums (which seemed to be handed out to other tables)

Wife informed server that we haven't recieved even our appetizer yet. He shows up 5 mins later with wrong order.

At this point we got up and left. Obviously refused to pay.

Here's the kicker: no apology, no explaination, not even a token attempt to make things right.

It is clear that the management of this restaurant has no respect for you as a paying customer.

Will never go there again.

4  Thank HungryHungryHippo76
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ordered the dinner for 4 excellent value but it took us 2 hours to get part if our meal. They didn't refill our water even after several requests. With such a long wait and with two kids who were very hungry we asked for a refill on our papadams and they agreed and failed to bring them. the issues go on and on. Here is the kicker... we went to pay and they refused to credit us for the bread we didn't receive. They also charged us the take out price which was $10 more. They argued with us, made us wait and failed to apologize and accept responsibility for our horrible experience.

4  Thank mylitttlefam1234
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stopped in Barrie for lunch recently, on our way further north, and found this lovely restaurant on Dunlop Street, not far off the 401, which makes it easily accessible to travellers.
My first impression upon entering the restaurant, was that it was a peaceful oasis, away from the busy traffic on the nearby highways. The white tablecloths were a lovely addition. Cutlery and glasses sparkled.
We were a table of 6 people, and we all enjoyed the excellent buffet of Indian food, which included vegan/vegetarian dishes as well as chicken, goat and lamb offerings. All of the dishes were very decliciously spiced. The Naan bread was super! We thought the price of $12.95 for the buffet was very reasonable.
We would definitely recommend this restaurant, and hope to visit again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been to spice many times. Excellent food every single time. The flavours of every dish are exceptional and well thought out. Beautiful blend of spices in all dishes. .