“Fantastic!”

SPICE
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've had Indian food in some awesome places all over India, so you can imagine my surprise -- I think this little restaurant in Barrie, ON serves the best Indian food I've ever tasted! Very impressed! Went there with my Valentine to try it out for the first time and I will definitely be going back. The Goan fish was INCREDIBLE. Best tandoori chicken... mmmmmmmm. It was all good. And to think there were lineups at Milestones but not here, *sigh*. Reasonably priced, and lovely atmosphere, too. I had a wonderful time!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sergio N

North Bay, Canada
“Great food but skimpy on chicken pieces”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food at SPICE is the best Butter Chicken Ive ever had although the cook is a bit skimpy on the chicken pieces. There was alot of sauce and barely any chicken which was a big disappointment. Only complaint I have as food was fantastic! Hoping for better next time...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank UpNorthGrl
Collingwood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. More Beer?”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Perfect pappadums. Exquiste tandoor prawns. Perfect chicken vindalloo, rich and savoury vegetables kaddai.. Naan is gorgeous.... rice pulao the way it should be. Attentive service... our only complaint is that we really were offered more beer far too many times.... we each had a kingfisher with our pappadums--which was great--but it was enough..... from that point on, both the waitress and the host continued to offer more beer... one offer is fine.... maybe another during the meal... but if we were asked once, we were asked 20x. .... too much... we felt uncomfortably pressured to drink beer.... I know restaurants make a lot of money on alcohol but.... otherwise great... we will be back... hopefully they read this review.... one more thing... the music got a little depressing... I'd just love to hear some nice sitar music... not food channel serious eating music...

• Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great Indian food. Welcoming atmosphere and timely service.They also offer buffet lunch which is very reasonable and good selection.

We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“The staff make it worthwhile”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Although we enjoy Indian cuisene we admittably know little about how to order properly.

When we go the staff remember us and patiently guide us through the menu and select a different meal for us each time.

The setting is pleasant and very relaxed. We reccomend this restarant for couples looking for a quiet night out.