“Always a great place to eat lunch!”
Review of SPICE - CLOSED

SPICE
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I work in downtown Barrie and I love going to Spice for lunch at least once a week. The food is excellent and the service is superb! It is always a pleasure to catch up with Bijay (the owner) when he is at the restaurant and he makes sure to greet all the customers and inquire as to how they are enjoying their meal. The lunch buffet price is very reasonable and the menu has some good variety. This is certainly one of my favourite places to eat in Barrie and I would highly recommend!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Hi Stephan,
Thank you very much for a great review. We are very glad to know that we are your favourite place for lunch. Our selection for lunch is very good and getting more and more popular in Barrie. We love to see you every week.
Thanks again,

There are newer reviews for SPICE

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My friends and family went to spice when it first opened and have been there many times since we absoloutly love the food and service and the price always impressed with quality. I went there for my birthday and it was so good I went there the next day as well I have been to several indian restaurants and spice by far has the best food we even bring our two year old and he loves it the butter chicken, and mushroom and peas dish are some of our favorits 10/10 two thumbs up great job Pj and staff keep up the great work

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thanks a lot Mike. We are really happy that you like our approach and the quality of food. Our butter chicken and mushroom and green peas are our popular dishes and my favourites too. Please do not hesitate to let us know when you find the something needs to be improved at SPICE.

Look forward to see you again with your family.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent customer here and so is my 9 year old son! The spices are beautiful and the food beats any toronto Indian cuisine. The owners name is PJ and he puts care and compassion into this place! The paneer. Butter chicken, tandoori chicken, saffron rice and naan bread are our favorites, as is a mango lassi. Always impressed and still drive up from the city to enjoy barrie and come to spice. If you've never had Indian, make this your first choice!!!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with all. Our team will be very much excited to know about this. We are really glad that we were able to please you and your 9 year old with our offerings.

Thanks again and look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

lunch $10, but limited choices (especially for dessert). food was decent, but nothing special. nice table settings and service was good.

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are really glad that you like our quality of food, ambience and the service. Regarding the selection, if you look at the price ($ 10) for all you can eat lunch buffet which includes 10 main items, 4 salads, 2 desserts and hot & fresh Naan bread, condiments, it is pretty good deal for the Barrie market. You also need to compare what you can get in other restaurants / fast food for $10.

Since we opened as SPICE, we have consistently improved the food quality, service and the atmosphere and your feed back will help us to improve further more. Thank you so much & look forward to see you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am always impressed by the dining experience at Spice Restaurant. I often have business luncheon meetings at Spice, and no matter who I bring with me, they are happy with their experience. The food is always both delicious and fresh. I like the variety and quality of the buffet (and I always go back for more butter chicken). The Naan bread is always delivered hot and fresh to our table. The relaxed and attentive staff make it easy to meet over a tasty lunch, with everything at our fingertips so it makes for an enjoyable visit. The decor is upscale without the upscale price, This is my favourite spot!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Patricia,

We are so thrilled to read your review. Thank you very much. Team will be very happy to know about this. We are really glad that you had great experience at SPICE on every visit and you like our approach for good quality food with impeccable service and nice relaxing decor. We are really honored to be your favourite restaurant.

We look forward to see you soon.