“Aromatic, clean, high quality Indian cuisine made authentic with care!”
Review of SPICE - CLOSED

SPICE
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
“Aromatic, clean, high quality Indian cuisine made authentic with care!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent customer here and so is my 9 year old son! The spices are beautiful and the food beats any toronto Indian cuisine. The owners name is PJ and he puts care and compassion into this place! The paneer. Butter chicken, tandoori chicken, saffron rice and naan bread are our favorites, as is a mango lassi. Always impressed and still drive up from the city to enjoy barrie and come to spice. If you've never had Indian, make this your first choice!!!

• Visited August 2013
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with all. Our team will be very much excited to know about this. We are really glad that we were able to please you and your 9 year old with our offerings.

Thanks again and look forward to see you soon.

Barrie, Canada
“Lunch buffet okay, but not much choice”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

lunch $10, but limited choices (especially for dessert). food was decent, but nothing special. nice table settings and service was good.

Visited July 2013
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are really glad that you like our quality of food, ambience and the service. Regarding the selection, if you look at the price ($ 10) for all you can eat lunch buffet which includes 10 main items, 4 salads, 2 desserts and hot & fresh Naan bread, condiments, it is pretty good deal for the Barrie market. You also need to compare what you can get in other restaurants / fast food for $10.

Since we opened as SPICE, we have consistently improved the food quality, service and the atmosphere and your feed back will help us to improve further more. Thank you so much & look forward to see you again.
Barrie
“Great taste and quality at Spice!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am always impressed by the dining experience at Spice Restaurant. I often have business luncheon meetings at Spice, and no matter who I bring with me, they are happy with their experience. The food is always both delicious and fresh. I like the variety and quality of the buffet (and I always go back for more butter chicken). The Naan bread is always delivered hot and fresh to our table. The relaxed and attentive staff make it easy to meet over a tasty lunch, with everything at our fingertips so it makes for an enjoyable visit. The decor is upscale without the upscale price, This is my favourite spot!

• Visited July 2013
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Patricia,

We are so thrilled to read your review. Thank you very much. Team will be very happy to know about this. We are really glad that you had great experience at SPICE on every visit and you like our approach for good quality food with impeccable service and nice relaxing decor. We are really honored to be your favourite restaurant.

We look forward to see you soon.
Barrie, Canada
“First timer”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first time every eating Indian food, I was very impressed and have gone back again since. Wide selection and the chef knows what he is doing. Staff was also good.

Visited March 2013
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Christopher,

Thank you so much for your review. We are really glad that you started to eat Indian food from our restaurant and you liked it. Lots of people never try because of the myth that Indian food is too spicy. Indian food is not about hot spices, it is about the flavour comes from all those spices which also has medicinal value to our body.

Thank you once again for "adding SPICE to your life". We look forward to see you many many more times to come.
Ontario
“WOW!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had dinner here tonight to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. This food is the best Indian food I've had in a very long time. We ordered Dinner for 2 which started with vegetable pakoras, followed by saffron rice, butter chicken, lamb rogan josh, mixed vegetable korma and naan. Everything was fresh, steaming hot and very tasty. The staff were very courteous and attentive and took the time to explain the ingredients in some of the dishes. It was funny: I asked the lady serving us for a dessert menu. She gave me a sort of blank look, left us and returned and said "2 minutes". We were surprised when we were served some kulfi, an Indian mango type of ice cream without the milk/cream. It was very thoughtful. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Visited July 2013
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I absolutely love your review! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. The team will be thrilled to see this—your compliments are truly humbling and will only encourage us to continue improving what we have to offer! I am really honored that you choose SPICE to celebrate your anniversary. I look forward to seeing you many many times before your 12th anniversary.