“Absolutely excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SPICE - CLOSED

SPICE
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
“Absolutely excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE eating at Spice!
The lunch buffet is an excellent way to try a wide variety of delicious dishes. It is such a terrific deal at $10!! This includes salads, warm naan bread and desserts!!! Plus you are eating a piping hot meal literally the minute you arrive!! Great for people who are just on their lunch break and are in a hurry.
Then theres dinner which is a whole new dining experience! There is so much to choose from on the menu that its nice to go with a group of friends and share a bunch of dishes. The coconut naan bread is worth the trip alone!!! Yummmmmmm just writing this makes me want to go there again for dinner tonight.
One last thing... The owner just exudes hospitality. He makes everyone feel more than welcome and truly cares that every customer leaves happy.
SPICE... IS... AWESOME!!!!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I absolutely love your review! Thanks for taking the time to share you experience on TripAdvisor. Knowing that we've been able to consistently impress you puts a smile on my face. The team will be thrilled to see this—your compliments are truly humbling and will only encourage us to continue improving what we have to offer! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Barrie, Ont
“A Little Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had several dishes delivered and to me, they tasted like the sauces, such as Patak, that can be purchased in the grocery store. To summarize, there was no "Wow" factor.I was expecting cuisine more similar to another Indian restaurant that we frequent in Barrie.

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear back from our guests, because it lets us know what we are doing right and what we can be doing better.

I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't "wow" you. Impressing our customers with consistent quality and excellent customer service is always our primary concern.

What did you order? The kitchen works tirelessly to create high-quality dishes full of flavor, but we are always looking for ways to improve, so any further feedback you might have would be greatly appreciated. I hope you'll be back to give us another chance. I know we have what it takes to wow you.

Toronto
“YOU MUST TRY THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food here is simply awesome. If you've never tried Indian food give it a try. I have brought many people here and all love it. We go at least once a month. You can't beat the 10 buck lunch buffet. We went for the dinner one night and ordered off the menu. It was one of the best meals we have ever had. Very fresh and flavourful. It was a little pricey at 50 bucks (no drinks) but we also had two more meals each at home with the leftovers. This is hands down the best Indian in Barrie (and I have tried em all). The staff really demonstrate their appreciation for your patronage.

1 Thank Sarob2
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Wow--thanks for the kind compliments and recommendation. It is so gratifying to be deemed "the best" at your craft. I couldn't be happier to hear how satisfied you've been with our food. "Fresh and flavorful" is what I like to see! The team will be thrilled to see this. Until next time!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“An Indian gem in Barrie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love going to Spice. The food is always super yummy and the staff is friendly and attentive. The lunch buffet is a great value and always fresh. If you are looking for a great atmosphere with yummy food go to SPICE!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad our food has always been "super yummy" for you! The team will be thrilled to see this. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Barrie, Canada
“Amazing Lunch Buffet!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Amazing food at Spice. The lunch buffet is made up of the most popular Indian dishes, and they are cooked to prefection. Great, full flavours and delicious naan bread baked fresh for us. The restaurant and bathrooms were spotless and had a great atmosphere. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. I will definetly be going back to Spice and highly recommend trying it if you've never experienced Indian cusine.

Bonus points for the quality of food you get for your money!

BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. I couldn't be happier to see "amazing" describe our food! I'm glad you enjoyed our buffet so much--cooking everything to "perfection" is always our goal. I appreciate all you have to say and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Take care,