“Diners delight”
Review of Il Buco Ristorante

Il Buco Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Buco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 537 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: Bayfield
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I went to dinner at this Restaurant for the first time after making reservations on line. The front entrance was not very welcoming but the interior decor, ambience, service and food quality more than made up for that shortcoming. We shared a roasted garlic appetizer and it was fantastic! My steak entree was cooked to perfection as was my wife's veal. Vegetables were perfectly done- not mushy...just right.
We would recommend this restaurant for sure.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

from the antipasti to dessert the special blackened salmon was the best i've had in four continents, the antipasti simple and fresh and the tartufo with a spot of cappuccino (i'll have to come back in the summer to sit on the patio where a cigar and a fine brandy would top the evening)
the atmosphere was clean and candles lit at every table was a very nice touch, good taste in cutlery to table cloths, well done...

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a dinner with 2 other couples, our first time to Il Buco, the other two couples had been several times each previously. My wife ordered the steak - it was the priciest item on the menu, but it was worth it. We love steak, she let me taste it, it was better than the last 10 steaks I have eaten, and that says alot, I paid much much more in those 10. I had a pasta dish that was also excellent. In general, portions are fitting for the price, they have a fine selection of wines.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited Il Buco in December during a weekend ski trip with family. Il Buco ambience was warm and welcoming, service was attentive and all menu choices were excellent. Pasta choices, including daily specials were plentiful and delicious, roasted garlic app was a local speciality worth sharing amongst those at the table. Beautiful room on a winter's eve but I expect it would be wonderful on the patio in summer overlooking the lake. Stay away from chains in Barrie and treat yourself to a delicious and affordable dining experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about a family Christmas gathering we had at Il Buco. They created a special menu for the 19 of us with a choice of three appetizers, three mains and dessert. Now, I wouldn't normally order a turkey dinner with all the fixings at an Italian restaurant, but several of us did and it was amazing! Juicy, tender roasted turkey (white & dark meat!), homemade stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes & vegetables...I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it! Others had the chicken parmesean or the spinach & ricotta manicotti and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The servers were fantastic. Russell and the others took care of our every need and truly seemed to enjoy serving our group. We were made to feel welcome and appreciated.

I will definitely be back to enjoy the great food and service at this restaurant!

Been to Il Buco Ristorante? Share your experiences!