“Fabulous Evening”
Review of Il Buco Ristorante

Il Buco Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Buco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 516 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: Bayfield
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very happy to have booked my department Christmas party at Il Buco. From the first email, the staff was courteous and very helpful in planning my event. All 16 of us were seated with a view of Kempenfelt Bay. Our waiters, were prompt and very attentive. The meal was not rushed nor was it too slow for such a big group. The food was excellent, the special was blackened salmon and several of us ordered that, we were well pleased with our choice. The surprise of the evening was when one of the waiters broke into his version of "O' Sole Mio" amazing voice, we were told he was a singer and yes he was. I have ate here before and both times, as a big group and a romatic birthday dinner, the resaurant suited the event.

There are newer reviews for Il Buco Ristorante

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here a few times, we have never had a bad meal here! Definately worth a visit! Very good Italian food.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was my birthday and we decided to go downtown Barrie to eat. We have not tried out any of the restaurants yet and without a reservation on a friday night, we were worried about getting in. We did try a few other restaurants on dunlop that had good reviews, but upon first impression we walked out....so we came upon ll Buco and were worried that we would be too disappointed, but not at all. They welcomed us immediately and not only by one person 3 people said welcome. they seated us in a croweded busy room, but did move us to a more quiet area. They were so accomidating and nice. The food was amazing!!! I can't say enough how exquisite the food was!!! I definately would recommend this restaurant for great up-scale food!!! Service was wonderful, thank Sarah for being our server.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has some delicious Italian cuisine. Its got a great patio with a nice view of the lake, the staff has always been friendly and the service good. It would be a nice place for a private event in my opinion, although I have never attended one there. They have this appetizer I suggest you try, I can't remember what it is called, famous garlic or something, you will know it when you see it on the menu. They roast a whole garlic, add on some cheese cream sauce, nuts and sun dried tomatoes and put it all on a toasted baguette. I am not really a fan of garlic but this app is delectable and I order it every time, it is worth the garlic breath. The rest of the menu is also great, not really "out there", crazy or new age, but always satisfying and delicious.

1  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our second time in Barrie. We've just left our son for his studies and will be visiting. We plan to go to il Buco every time. Our server, Patrizio was amazing! The food is savory, the terrace oversees that Lake. Nice!

Been to Il Buco Ristorante? Share your experiences!