Horseshoe Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Barrie Motel(Barrie)
1,154 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfloft suitecopeland housetreetop trekkingrock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breakrecommend this resortnight skiinglift ticketssitting areaski tripnice resortoutdoor activitiesgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We've stayed here a handful of times over the years and most recently, in one of the renovated deluxe suites. It was gorgeous! It had a great seating area with a fireplace, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was so nice and clean. Such a great place to stay for a night away from the city. I highly recommend it. We also had a great couples massage at the spa!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you so much for posting your feedback!

I am delighted to see that you like the outcome of the renovations. We are very proud of the way these turned out and the whole team will love knowing you appreciate their work.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon for some more relaxation.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed with my son's hockey team Nov 29th - 30th. Wireless Internet did not work all weekend. No compensation. Had an early Sunday morning game so decided to check out later. Game went into 5 overtime periods and being part of the coaching staff I didn't have the opportunity to call. Had to have another parent check out for me. I was charged $25 for a late check out. Interesting thing I had to return to the hotel before returning home as I forgot an item and the room was still "in dirty status". Placed a call to a manager on the following Monday. Still without a reply.
Regards,
Not Impressed

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nanners1212
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback and for staying with us.

I was not aware that the internet was not functionning in the resort during your stay and will ensure we look into the specific issue. We have upgraded our services and so this is most disappointing so soon after having done so.

The charging of a 'late fee' is a response when check-out times are not met. We have staffed to clean rooms in a certain time frame and have our staff on hand as such. When we are unable to clean in a given time frame because the rooms is occupied, we are forced to hold staff longer or to bring in additional staff to assist.

The lack of response from my manager is not acceptable, I have sent you a private message to contact us directly for specific follow up.

Happy holidays,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My daughter's hockey team from Mississauga participated in the Sharkfest tournament hosted by Barrie's hockey league on the weekend of Nov 15th. We registered, well in advance, through a website provided by the tournament coordinators. Families, including us, booked the suites without incident. Confirmation came through in the form of an email. We arrived to find that most of us were downgraded to the lowest possible type of room rather than the 2-bedroom suite. The room allotted to us only had 2 queen size beds and a small bar fridge. No coffee maker, mugs, hair dryer, bath tub, etc. I believe the last time I stayed in a room that basic was at a roadside motel in the 1980's. We saw the same thing happen to other teams who arrived with kids and food in tow. We were not offered compensation in ANY way. Not a price reduction, not a complimentary meal, etc. The staff even tried to charge us cancellation fees when we, and several others, cut our stay short a day. All they did was blame the booking and tournament people who generously provided a plethora of business that weekend. I had had high expectations of Horseshoe Valley Resort. On two occasions we stayed at Carriage Ridge and I fully expected the same quality of service and accommodations from Horseshoe. Completely opposite. I tried to convey my concerns to one of the managers, to no avail. She didn't even acknowledge the email, much less address our concerns. Horrible customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daina M
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. The error in managing our inventory was ours and not the booking agents. We did communicate with them in advance.

I am surprised at your characterization of the room you would have stayed in as all of our Horseshoe rooms in the Inn are newly renovated. You are correct that they do not provide a bath, but fewer hotels offer this today because of low customer usage. Your room should have had the other elements, so I will work to find out why these amenities were not present.

A member of my team will follow up with you directly off-line.

Many thanks,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked to stay here with my daugthers hockey team for a two night stay- all families given a 2 bed room suite. We checked in and were all given a room not a suite. Team after team was give the same delightful news. For those who brought food to cook or had more then 4 people that was just bad so sad. Front desk spent the whole evening appologizing but doing nothing else. We were told we would get the room rate not the suite rate- made sense we only got a room. Were told we could not leave a night early since suites were booked for 2 nights - we did not get suites. No solution or effort to try was ever offered - actually not even a cup of coffee was offered- not a fridge for the food i through out- not an option to move after the first night, not a breakfast, not a reduced rate - absolutely nothing but " I am sorry-was the booking company" always blame the person who is not in the room I guess. This week I have called and now they are not even returning calls. By the far the worst service ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank isabel p
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback.

I am fully aware that you have been contacted by a senior member of my team and that we have worked with you to resolve the situation. I am genuinely sorry that you encountered a problem with the room type. You are correct that you did not receive the suites that were reserved. That error is ours and it is unfair to characterize that as a problem with the booking company. Our team at the desk would not have known this and did believe that to be the issue.

It would also not be fair to suggest that team after team encountered the same situation. We had several teams in house and most guests did get the rooms they had booked. You were placed in one of our renovated rooms and I would believe that this experience was not an uncomfortable one. All of our rooms have refrigerators in them and we have complimentary coffee in our lobby for all of our guests.

I am disappointed that this situation occured and that you were frustrated by this. I do believe we have responded appropriately and personnally to you and I hope your lasting impression is not the one characterized here.

All the best,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at Horseshoe for Canadian Thanksgiving again this year. This was a combined family-business event. Skyline Hotels has taken over management and done a number of upgrades including interior decoration, painting, tilework and so on. Staff were friendly as usual, and helpful with our grandson. The hotel is dog-friendly which meant a LOT to our son and daughter-in-law. My only concern was that the pillows are very thick. The front desk attendant suggested puncturing a plastic membrane in the pillow and squeezing some of the air out, which I thought was odd. Bring your own pillow if you have neck problems!

Room Tip: We liked room 116 which was quiet but not far from the main lobby and dining area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us this Thanksgiving!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the changes at the resort and hope that you make us a family tradition moving forward. Pets are always welcome at Horseshoe and we are glad this was a difference maker for members of your clan.

The pillow suggestion was an odd one! We will make other pillow types available in the future to allow the solution to be a postive one.

Wishing you all the best,