“Stay out of the pool and Not a family stop” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Whitby
“Stay out of the pool and Not a family stop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The hotel was ok, but were re modelling some of the rooms so can be a little noisy. The hotel is located near the highway so you get a lot of people that are just stopping by and don't really care about what kind on noise they make. We had a work crew partying underneath us who kept partying to the wee hours of the night even after we called the front desk. The dudes were huge so I think they intimidated the staff so we just had to leave our tv on through out the night to help drown out the drunken yelling and banging. The free breakfast they advertise is ok but the eating area is really small and it was full of drunken/ high road people. Its ok if u just grabbing something to go but don't stay and eat in. Our biggest problem was the stinky pool. When we were in it I smelt garbage and wondered where the smell was coming from. If you look at the sides of the pool and smell the liner you will get the answer. PU!!!! The pool liner is just covered in filth. The smell was so bad that we had to take several showers to wash away the smell. I have no idea why they don't clean it but it stank really bad and you don't smell it until your in it. So I would not recommend this hotel if you have a family or like clean pools.

• 1 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
After seeing this review, we obviously investigated. We have never had this complaint. The Pool and Hot Tub are cleaned and inspected daily. Our maintenance crew assures me the pool is in very good condition and it is used hundreds of times a week without complaint.

I can only conclude that this was a one off situation, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

Again, we will continue to monitor this situation

Binbrook, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here Aug 2/14. We received our first room that had such a strong smell my children would not go into the room. When asked if we could have another room I was told they were completely full. I stated everyone checking in could not have check in by now and that would give them time to air out the room (which ended up being strong perfume from the previous customers) I understand that is not their fault however the attitude I received by requesting an alternate room was highly unprofessional. We did end up getting a new room, and as I always do I check the sheets before I crawl into bed. There was a huge mud stain right in the middle of the fitted sheet. First of all, who makes a bed and leaves a sheet like that...poor housekeeping. When I complained to the front desk they brought me a new fitted sheet and left ME TO MAKE THE BED MYSELF. I brought the sheet to the front desk to show them the stain and was received with a oh ya. Would not, will not, stay here ever again.!

Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tracy O
I am glad that you took the time to review this situation. We can only learn from this. As you stated it is hard to factor in for another guest's perfume, however we should have handled the situation much better.

We hope you will gain trust back in our brand in the future and we do apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels

Tilbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is easily accessed off 400 at Dunlop St and within easy reach of downtown. There are several hotels located in this stretch just off the 400. The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. My room had a defective air conditioner so they promptly moved me and upgraded me to a business room. Quite comfortable and quiet with a decent breakfast included in the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are taking a look at the maintenance of our air conditioners. I am happy we were able to make the switch for you and make it comfortable.

We look forward to serving you again.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night in July, we had a 2 queen room on the ground floor, some children running down the halls (not the hotels fault). The staff were great, very friendly. Pool was good size and hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day. Breakfast in the morning was hot and had a good selection.

Would recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhc_3993
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We loved our two night stay, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the beds comfy. Also the breakfast had a bit of everything even eggs and sausage.Pool and hot tub were clean and relaxing. The inside is well renovated and it smells clean, not like the one we stayed in the night before by mistake... the Best Western Royal Oak right next to it.... that one is a no no!

Room Tip: Excellent, we will return!
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Natty_1974
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

It's was quality and it was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. One suggestion would be to have a bank machine on the property. Overall a good experience.
The place did have a hint of smoke so if you are uber sensitive to smoke then ask to change and they will!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank traynorbrad
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendlt amd helpful and answered all questions. As we were there with all friends we received some opinions and some popular activities so it would save us time on our agenda. Some of us arrived a bit before check in so we wanted to head up and just relax. The rooms were ready for us and we did not have to wait. The rooms are nice and clean with a home like comfortable feeling. Theres a swimming pool and it was a nice place to relax and have a dip. Tge hotel is located close to other facilities so we didn't need to drive far to get supplies or grab a bite to eat. The breakfast in the morning is pleasant and peaceful. Overall it was a perfect weekend getaway.

Would highly recommend it everyone..and will definitely be going back myself.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends