WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Tilbury, Canada
“Good value and handy location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is easily accessed off 400 at Dunlop St and within easy reach of downtown. There are several hotels located in this stretch just off the 400. The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. My room had a defective air conditioner so they promptly moved me and upgraded me to a business room. Quite comfortable and quiet with a decent breakfast included in the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith B
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are taking a look at the maintenance of our air conditioners. I am happy we were able to make the switch for you and make it comfortable.

We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night in July, we had a 2 queen room on the ground floor, some children running down the halls (not the hotels fault). The staff were great, very friendly. Pool was good size and hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day. Breakfast in the morning was hot and had a good selection.

Would recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhc_3993
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We loved our two night stay, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the beds comfy. Also the breakfast had a bit of everything even eggs and sausage.Pool and hot tub were clean and relaxing. The inside is well renovated and it smells clean, not like the one we stayed in the night before by mistake... the Best Western Royal Oak right next to it.... that one is a no no!

Room Tip: Excellent, we will return!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
3 Thank Natty_1974
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

It's was quality and it was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. One suggestion would be to have a bank machine on the property. Overall a good experience.
The place did have a hint of smoke so if you are uber sensitive to smoke then ask to change and they will!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank traynorbrad
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendlt amd helpful and answered all questions. As we were there with all friends we received some opinions and some popular activities so it would save us time on our agenda. Some of us arrived a bit before check in so we wanted to head up and just relax. The rooms were ready for us and we did not have to wait. The rooms are nice and clean with a home like comfortable feeling. Theres a swimming pool and it was a nice place to relax and have a dip. Tge hotel is located close to other facilities so we didn't need to drive far to get supplies or grab a bite to eat. The breakfast in the morning is pleasant and peaceful. Overall it was a perfect weekend getaway.

Would highly recommend it everyone..and will definitely be going back myself.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank nice2travell
St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were traveling with family and friend and the first room we were given was filthy. We found mouldy food in one of the dresser drawers and there was a layer of dust on the coffee maker and all the surfaces. The inside of the microwave clearly hadn't been wiped down in a while. The patio door was very difficult to open due to wood rot and dirt in the tracks. The shower walls were also grimy. We asked for a different room and was originally told no. I think our 3rd trip to the front to complain let them know we truly weren't happy and weren't going to go away. When they finally decided to look at giving us another room, the front desk staff checked 2 additional rooms which they didn't offer us (which makes me wonder what they found). We were shown another room and it was much cleaner. However when we were leaving and I was doing my checking to see if we left anything behind I did find a sock that did not belong to anyone in my family. The beds were comfy and the staff was friendly but I was certainly not happy with the level of cleanliness of the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor in the 100's is where we had problems. Also staff sit outside the door...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura S

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels

Belleville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked this room for one night through Expedia, we were taking our son out of CFB Borden for a overnight visit and were traveling from over 3 hours away. We got there about half hour before check in and our room wasn't ready yet, so we left to do a few errands, the lady we dealt with was very nice and helpful about where things were. We came back about 15 mins after check in time and were told our room still wasn't ready, and likely wouldn't be for at least a half hour, the lady we dealt with then was very abrupt and unapologetic, I asked if we could have any compensation or upgrades but was told since we booked through Expedia that we got nothing. We were so tired from driving and just wanted to freshen up and change before we left for Borden, we weren't even allowed to put our stuff in the room. I used the lobby washroom and witness about 5 housekeeping staff and laundry staff standing in front of the laundry talking?? they are sold out and behind schedule and that's how the staff works?? I feel like the staff doesn't get treated well there so they don't work very hard. The lobby was full of people waiting for their rooms! We had to leave to pick up our son, so we came back to our room finally ready, no apologies, no manager talked to us, nothing!
We got into our room and found dirty dishes on top of the microwave. The room was ok, comfy beds and nice linen is about the only positive. The pool was very small looking and dated, we never used it. The air conditioner worked well but very old and missing knobs. The bathrooms were a little grungy looking.
We went for breakfast in the morning but there was no room to sit, as there is not many tables and the breakfast was set up in a tiny little room and you couldn't get to anything. We grabbed a coffee and a bagel and took it back to our room, as that's all we could manage, couldn't even get near the toaster! Also we had to get our room keys reprogramed as they didn't work that day.
When we checked out we had to wait forever, to get our room "inspected" for damage, first time I ever experienced that?? I talked to them again about the inconvenience and how we had to rearrange all our plans with our son because of them, and they refunded me $20.00, not a lot for the trouble, I feel. I also talked to some other people there that were also lived with the service that weekend.
so overall I have to say that was the most disappointing hotel stay we have ever had, I will never go back there and I would never recommend it to ANYONE!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family