“Consistent quality”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Consistent quality”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having stayed at this Comfort Inn several times, it is my pleasure to highly recommend this particular Comfort Inn.
Hot breakfast offerings meet those specified on the Comfort Inn website - unlike almost all other "Canadian Comfort Inns" that cheap out by offering limited Continental breakfasts.
Rooms are generally spacious and very clean.
The only negative I have to report, is that there is no elevator - which can present problems getting from your room to the front office in winter.

Room Tip: South side of the hotel allows one to walk directly across the parking lot to Tim Horton's.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words, hearing that you enjoyed your stay, and your hot breakfast, makes us very happy. We strive to do our best here at the Comfort Inn and Suites and im very proud when someone like yourself notices.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I certainly cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed there last Saturdat night. Boy do they need to renovate. Big time. The carpets are stained. The bedspreads are disgusting. Overall cleanliness just does not exist. We found one of the Breath Easy nose strips (used) on our night stand. Yuck. Don't waste your money. Go elsewhere until they decide to put some money back into the place

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are in the process of servicing all guest rooms

with carpet and upholstery cleaning as well as updating to a new bedding program. Thank you for bringing to our attention the hardened nail polish on the night stand.

It has been removed. I have shared your concerns with our staff and I am confident that we have made improvements to ensure we exceed all cleanliness expectations.

Again please accept my sincere apology.

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels

Haliburton ontario
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I know we all have certain things that we like and don't like. I personally don't care if the cream is missing from the coffee maker or I don't have internet service but for me I find stains on furniture and bedding unacceptable. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite on Christmas Day and found that there was stains on the bed, and the furniture and that really is not acceptable to me. The bathroom was very clean and the bath tub was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and soft, however I will not come back because of the soiled furniture.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank schnoobs
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Please accept our apology for the stains on the bedding and furniture during your stay with us in December. Accidental spills do happen however, it is our responsibilty to ensure they are removed. We have taken measures to correct this with the steam cleaning of the furniture and replacement of the bedding.

I am glad we met your expectations with the cleanliness of the bathroom along with the softness and comfort of the beds. This is the expectation we wanted your entire stay to have.

Again, my sincerely apology. If you reconsider staying again I would be pleased to personally look after your reservation.

Holy Houle
Guest Service Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed for two days for my son's competition in early November. The booking said it includes continental breakfast only. Surprisingly, it actually served eggs and sausages and equipped with make your own waffle machine. That's a bonus. People at reception desk were also very friendly.

However, one of the mattress was making squeaking noise. Every time when my son moved, it made the annoying sound. We were too lazy to ask to switch after the first night.

Overall, I think the building and the facility need some refresh. Other than that I think the value matches the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words, we pride ourselves on service so I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast and that our staff were friendly.

I was sorry to hear that your son experienced a noisy bed. Presently, one of our focus items is replacment of mattresses.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I am glad you found value in your stay with us.

Holly Houle
Guest Services Manager
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

was a clean hotel for a one night visit and it is very easy to find. could use better pillows and a larger area for breakfast. Would stay again because of the location but not for a long stay. Check out was right beside the breakfast area.....not very inviting

Room Tip: this hotel was very clean but the breakfast area is very small and the pillows in the rooms are horr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the review, and your kind words. Our breakfast area is a bit compact but it enables us to provide a full hot breakfast to all of our guests. We certainly appreciate that you enjoyed clean accommodations and would return to our hotel. Thanks again for your review.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was at the hotel during the day for a 5 day course so I can comment on the location, staff, amenities, etc but not the actual hotel itself since I didn't stay over. The staff were very friendly. I spoke with a few of them during breaks and they were all friendly. The front staff that I dealt with were very pleasant. It's a good location coming from the Newmarket/Aurora area as it's straight up the 400 and then a quick turn off of exit 94. I found the conference room that we were in was very clean and well lit and the temperature was always spot on. I'd be very happy to attend a conference here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your conference here with us. We do hope that if you are ever in need of accommodations you will think of us again. We look forward to hopefully seeing you in the near future.