“happy to find this motel”

Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Ottawa, Canada
“happy to find this motel”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Visiting Barrie for 1st time in many years.
This location served very well just off Hwy 400. Good room( 3rd level) clean and all units worked- only drawback- bath tub drain was slower than acceptable.
Breakfast in morning above avaerage-scrambled+ hard boiled eggs, 3 cereals toasts, bagels, muffins,hot cakes, juices and coffees ( served from6-10am daily-and well serviced room).
We were located at rear of building( away from highway side and found quiet to our liking.)

We'll be back again.

Room Tip: choose the rear rooms-quiet ansd away from Hwy 400 noises.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank twowheelfever
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We have expanded our breakfast, and we are very proud of what we now offer with our hot breakfast. I am very happy that you loved the rooms on the third floor. Without an elevator to the 3rd floor I am glad you ventured to one of our largest and most comfortable rooms. I apologize for the drain, we have recently been busy with preventative maintenance on all drains.

Again thanks so much for your comments, we hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Stouffville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in Barrie this past weekend, and this hotel was great. The price was reasonable and the staff were very friendly. The room was quite nice, and very comfortable. I totally recommend to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StouffvilleDanal
It means a lot to our entire staff that you have taken the time to write these kind words. We take great pride in our property and are very thankful when others notice.
Carshalton, Surrey
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week and we found it to be above average for Comfort Inns. Because it is built into the side of a hill, there are direct entrances onto all levels from the parking lot. The room was clean and well prepared and the beds were comfortable. The air-con worked well. The Sunshine breakfast provided was very good. All the staff were pleasant and efficient.
We will be returning in the future

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bibby00
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate all your kind words, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Front Desk Manager
Comfort Inn and Suites
Sudbury, ON
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Husband and I stayed over night and had no issues except for the tub not draining. The hot/cold complimentary breakfast was delicious with your choice of cereal, pastries, bagels, toast... also includes eggs, sausages and do it yourself waffles. Beds were great. not a fan of their pillows but that's just a preference. Location is easy to find with a Tim Horton's right around the corner. All in all, we had a great stay!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows if you're picky.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CIB-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I just wanted to say Thank You, for your great response to our hotel. We strive very hard to keep our guests happy, and to keep our hotel updated and fresh. Im so glad you enjoyed our breakfast, and that you found our location perfect for your stay.
Again thank you so much for your response, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Guest Services Manager
Washago, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a bad and good review.... I just staye stayed at the Comfort Inn on Jan 20-22. I was looking forward to a romantic weekend with my new Husband.. I booked a King Bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub... #1. They failed to tell me that my room was ona smoking floor. My husband does not smoke.. #2. Got to the floor and the it just reaked of cigarette smoke and the smell of POT just was horrific. I sooo wanted to gag. and the smell gave me and instant headache.. #3 I complained to the hotel staff about the smell of pot. They apologized to me. Brought up a fan to the floor hoping it would get rid of the smell.... #4 My husband finally arrived about half hour after me.. He was not happy at all with the smell or the fact that we where on a smokers floor.
But the hotel told me that was the only floor that had that kind of suite.
Not really what you want after driving 6 hours to get there.
The room was nice though I must say. I was very impressed with it. and so was my husband.
The morning breakfast was very good too. Had a choice of hot and cold to eat and drink.
I did get massive heartburn on the sat night. I asked the staff if they had some rolaids or tums. Unfortunantly they did not carry or sell them. Just a suggestion... Maybe they should.
Overall.. I would have to say. The room was nice.. The Floor that its on is NOT.. Would I stay there again?? Probably not. Especially for a $150 per night to breath in smoke and pot fumes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candice B
I wanted to thank you for your response. We strive to make our guests comfort a number one priorty. Im sorry that your stay here was anything less than satisfying. Unfortunaly we do still have a floor that is half smoking. We try and disinfect that floor as much as possible but unfortunately the smell lingers. I do hope you will give us another try, and hopefully we will have a suite open on another floor that will accomadate you.

Guest Services Manager
Dunnville, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2011

First impression is " wow easy to find" second impression " oh shoot what a dump ". One night was enough for me. If you want the comforts of home don't book here. Its old and out-dated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jcots
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed in the Comfort Inn at 210,Essa for more than a month. It was very comfortable and well worth the price. The staff were very helpful. The room was quite spacious and well equipped with coffee maker, microwave etc.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Please note that there are no elevators.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business