The hotel looked good from the panaromic pictures I found on their website. And indeed it was a little gem. The staff were very friendly and obliging. The room very spacious with a fridge and microwave.
However the location was a real let-down. Situated near the junction with the highway and at the end of Dunlop Street, it has its share of sex shops, very tatty almost shanty type roads nearby and looks generally rundown. I can't believe that as this is the first glimpse tourist get of Barrie that it's not been regenerated.
My advice, get a hirecar and don't walk as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Royal Oak is a newly renovated hotel, close to the highway and in the heart of down town Barrie. We offer a hot breakfast for all guests, or if you find your self running late we have Grab & Go bags available to take on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Best Western + Iniative, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Royal Oak Hotel Barrie
- Best Western Barrie
- Barrie Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Royal Oak Inn Barrie, Ontario