“Great!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vaughan, Canada
“Great!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location as the base for recreational activities in and around Huronia as it centrally located. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice flat panel TV and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel, but both looked nice. The complimentary hot breakfast was fresh and offered a good variety. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice...maybe next time!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Anil1964, Manager at Best Western Royal Oak Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. A great experience is our goal, and we thank you for the wonderful comments, that I will surely pass on to our staff! We welcome you back anytime! Looking forward to seeing you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Minnedosa, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Location was good-Close to Downtown area- Price was reasonable. Hotel / Rooms are clean and the Staff was awesome. They were all very accomidating, explaining were all the attractions were and how to get there. Contenetail Breakfast was really good. They made me feel like I was at home.

Room Tip: Kitchenette room was nice for my longer stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Anil1964, Manager at Best Western Royal Oak Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed one of our popular kitchenette suites and our full hot breakfast each morning! The convenience of our location to downtown and other attractions is important to many of our guests. We pride ourselves on giving the best experience to our guests and I will share your kind remarks with our staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Victoria Harbour, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would like to add my comments with regards to the exemplorary customer care example I experienced with one of my recent visit. I work remote in Canada for an American corporation and chose the Best Western Barrie hart dr location. This was a centralized location to entertain our Canadian customers. Our room was extremely clean (thank you). The front desk Customer Care team(Arlene) assisted us with obtaining immediate taxi service and was precise with price and destination directions. The breakfast area was well organized & immediately replenished and cleared. Thank you Best Western Barrie for your assistance with customer relationship excellence for our corporation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We are absolutely delighted that you can count on us to be your host while traveling within Barrie. Our staff pride themselves on excellent customer care, and I am pleased to pass on your kind remarks. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit with us!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked the Best Western for a group 14 employees while they were working out of town. Everyone enjoyed their stay and found the hotel to be comfortable, clean and enjoyable. The amenities were appreciated (pool and gym) and the hot breakfast was a nice way to start the day. The service was great by both the staff and management, as well as the sales manager who assisted in the booking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chantal S
Anil1964, General Manager at Best Western Royal Oak Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are very pleased you selected the Best Western Royal Oak Inn for your stay, and we welcome you and your employees back anytime! It was our pleasure to host such a wonderful group! We are very glad everyone enjoyed the amenities, and of course, the hot breakfast! Thank you again for your business!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed overnight here while on a road trip. On arrival the hotel looked modern on the outside. The location was a bit strange, being near a retail park and just off the highway. First impressions were quite good but our room on the ground floor had a patio door which opened out on to the car park. Just like the other Best Westerns we used on this trip there was a musty smell in the corridors and room and the decor was dated and tired. The bathroom was old-fashioned and not quite clean enough. There were marks on the bedroom carpet and chair. Maybe we were just unlucky with the room as I have read several good reviews of this hotel and in other respects it has everything you need: pool, internet room, fitness centre etc. The rooms have a fridge and microwave but the overall feel is of a motel rather than a hotel. Someone needs to take the Best Western in hand and give it a makeover and a shake-up as it is fast being overtaken by the Hampton Inn and Marriott group.

Room Tip: Not a great view and not much privacy on ground floor rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Anil1964, Manager at Best Western Royal Oak Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your time in doing this. Our standards at the Best Western are very high and we are apologetic that your room did not meet the expectations you had for your stay. Some of our guests prefer our ground floor rooms as they enjoy the convenience of easy access and trouble-free loading in and out of the room. We also have other great rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors and they serve different needs and priorities to our guests. We suggest you stay in our executive tower on your next visit. All of our rooms come complete with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, all to allow our guests to feel at home while they are with us. We hope you return to stay with us on your next trip to Barrie, as we would love to show you another side of Best Western. Our location is just four minutes from the downtown shopping, restaurant and entertainment core, and the beautiful waterfront with all its parks and walking trails around Kempenfelt Bay. We are extremely close to The Keg and Casa Mia (where you receive a free appetizer by simply showing your Best Western room key). We hope you will visit is again to experience all that we have to offer.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was my first time staying at this Best Western and I would compliment this location on having a great clean and comfortable beds (I slept like a baby) and a great pool and business services. I stay at about 50 different hotels a year and I will put this one on my list of favourites for Barrie. First notch service and well appointed rooms and a great full breakfast, too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are very pleased your first visit with us was met with such appreciation! We are very honoured to be your host each and every time you visit Barrie as your home away from home. Both myself and our staff look forward to your next visit.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recently opened a business in Barrie which requires overnight stays once or twice a week. I had several options but chose this hotel based on my first impression. I find the entire staff to be very courteous and professional. What separates them is the genuine caring they have that my room and my stay is always top notch. This is a business that totally gets the "art of customer service" and it makes the stay away from home that much easier. My room is always 100% clean, if I forget a razor or a toothbrush they have that covered too. We bring out of town staff in as well and the comments are identical. Our company will not be staying anywhere else. From the cleaning staff to ownership I thank you very much for such a consistently enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: The tower suite rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Anil1964, Manager at Best Western Royal Oak Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your business! We greatly appreciate the opportunity to be your hotel destination while you're in Barrie. Your experience is very important to us, and I am delighted to pass on your kind remarks to the staff. Each and every week you stay, its our drive to ensure your stay with us meets and exceeds your expectations! You and your guests are welcome anytime.