All reviewsexecutive towerfront deskoutdoor poolbreakfast buffethockey tournamenttim hortonsmandarinweddinghighwaysauna
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I wasn't very happy with my stay. The room itself was spacious and clean, but the hallways and room had a stale smell. The bed wasn't very comfortable either. To top off my sleeping experience, there were some loud guests talking in the hallways at 1am. So sleep quality here wasn't the best. At least the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Maryam M
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Please accept our apologies your stay was not memorable and you were disturbed by other guests who chose to ignore our quiet time policy. Thank you for recognizing the culinary efforts of restaurant team who prepared the breakfast offering.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I cant believe that the in house restaurant was CLOSED for lunch! Our whole party had to go out for lunch. The check in person was extremely slow! Never again!!! This is a big disappointment for a holiday inn!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience with the restaurant hours. We do close for lunch on Sunday and Monday but if we were aware in advance that your group were planning to meet for lunch we would have made arrangements to look after your group.

HI Barrie Team

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as I had business meetings nearby. It was very sunny and my partner was happy to sunbathe while I was working. Rooms are very comfortable and service is good.

Only criticism would be that the outdoor pool needs a thorough cleaning.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you for your critique and I'm pleased the hotel stay was to your liking and your enjoyed our friendly service. Please accept my apology the outdoor pool was not to our usual standard.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I have been staying at this hotel since the 70's, and the service levels have recently been steadily declining to a point where I will no longer stay there.

Booked a room with the front desk specifically on the second floor with patio doors out to the parking lot, as I have a trailer. Requested a room as close to Door #2 as possible.

Upon arrival, I was notified that my room was on the 5th floor in the Tower. When I told her about my specific booking, she reassigned me to room 207. I parked out back as close to Door #2 as possible. I came in Door #2, and found that Room 207 is WAY down the hall, the closest room to Door #1! Not only that, it was a handicapped or "accessible" room, with only a shower and no tub. That means after a shower, water everywhere on the floor, near the sink and toilet....you get the picture.

Got home and found that the charge to my AMEX bill (pending) was $50 more than the bill I reviewed on checkout...upon calling the hotel, I found out that it was a $50 charge made on checking in to cover incidentals, damage, etc., a charge made without my permission or even an explanation. The charge was not there when the AMEX charge reverted from "Pending". A simple explanation on check-in would have saved a lot of trouble. I was told by the Front Desk that the Manager would be calling me to review my concerns. Haven't heard a word...

My advice? Stay someplace else, like the Travelodge, 2 exits north at Bayfield St...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Duncan T
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your experience at the Holiday Inn BARRIE-HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE.

I would like to apologize to you for not making your hotel experience memorable. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 705-722-0555 or william.brown@whg.com.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a typical Holiday Inn property. It's inconsistent in standards. With Holiday Inn you could get a great hotel or a lousy one. This Holiday Inn in Barrie isn't lousy but it's close. Room is ok. Wifi fades in and out and I'm on the 2nd floor. Why? Doesn't management understand that in 2017 wifi is important to work and be stable? Very disappointed...

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank AlekM77
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback and please accept our apologies for the inconsistent Wi-Fi signal. We have been working closely with our internet provider on a solution and believe the system is now stable.

We do hope your future travel plans include a return to the Barrie area and we would welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again.