Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Four Points By Sheraton Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$98
$96
$61
Best Western Royal Oak Inn(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$72
$56
Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$89
$100
$97
Super 8 Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$55
$74
$63
Agoda.com
$79
All reviewsexecutive towerfront deskbreakfast buffetoutdoor poolhockey tournamenthousekeeping staffoff the highwaymandarinweddingski
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed one night at this Holiday Inn as I was passing thru on business. The front desk clerk was condescending and rude. He repeatedly called me "Dear" in the most derrogatory manner. When I asked him to not call me "Dear" he was even more rude. I was so rattled by his rudeness that I was afraid to request a wake up call for fear that he wouldn't do it. He also mocked me when I went the wrong direction to the elevator.

I was given an executive suite that was tired and dated with two queen size beds. The bedding was the only thing that had been updated since 1992. The bathroom was very old and the cold water faucet did not work very well. The bathroom mirror was streaked and was not cleaned properly. The whole room had a funky smell.

I travel quite a bit for business and I will never return to this Holiday Inn, and I will be reluctant to stay in any Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Diane B
DirectorofsalesHW, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for your candid review of the Holiday Inn Barrie. It is always a great disappointment to hear of a guest that was not satisfied with their stay. We would like to assure you that the front desk person mentioned intended no rudeness whatsoever. In fact this particular member of staff has been complimented many times by guests for his friendly manner and he was disapointed and sorry to hear that it had not come across that way to you. Also we would like to mention that the Executive Tower guest rooms are going to be renovated very soon which is really exciting! Thank you again for your feedback which was raised with all the relevant parties.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed at the hotel to attend the CMT Music Festival that was less than 15 minutes away. The hotel was clean, the staff were great, and considering how busy it was, nobody broke a sweat. When I came back one night, there was a wedding on with the music going and when I got to my room which was right around the corner, it was quiet. They really go out of their way to be courteous to all their guests. Great staff, great room and an amazing visit!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they have special rates for events in the area, and book early
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Sue L
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stay here often to visit our grandkids. Consistently staff are welcoming, rooms are large and immaculate, beds are comfortable, linens are very nice, and there's always plenty of towels. This month we stayed two nights, taking advantage of their second-night-half-price summer package. It includes a full buffet breakfast that was generous and delicious. Only suggestion to the hotel? Softer towels. We would and do stay, several times a year. :-)

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Lookingforcomfort
HelenWHIBarrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have stayed here many times in the past but this was our first time back in 3 years. Pools were amazing as was the room, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. We especially enjoyed the restaurant and its staff - friendly, helpful, and attentive. We would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Barrie for a get-away or any other event. Priority Club membership also got us a free night and late check out! Thanks.

Room Tip: Book early, watch for seniors or CAA rates. Best tip - call the hotel directly for special requests or questions.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sueneugebauer

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My kids (5 year old twins) and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Barrie for the Simcoe Day long weekend and we had such an amazing time! First, it was so easy to get to right off the highway and up on a hilll so its clearly visible. The hotel room was great, simple decor and lovely colours and a balcony facing the courtyard. At first we got a room with a walk out right into the parking lot, but the front desk staff were extremely understanding and very helpful when I asked to change it. The beds were so comfortable I could have slept all day long. Tattingers Restaurant was fantastic! The staff are so nice and so helpful - they even entertained my kids while I went up to get their meal from the buffet The breakfast buffet was so delicious that my kids even asked for a second helping! We enjoyed the spending time in the playground in the courtyard and visited both the indoor and the outdoor pools - my only somewhat negative comment is that there was a little too much cholrine in the pool - it made our skin a little itchy and red for a little while. All in all it was the most fun and relaxing vacation I've ever had! I'm already planning for next year!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids get a room with a balcony instead of a walkout - its safer and give you piece of mind.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family