“Service and food was above average but so are their prices!”

Urban Dish Grill & Wine Bar
Ranked #9 of 503 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Fusion, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Fun and relaxed service with a casual flair and exceptional food. Located on Yonge Street, close to the water and downtown core, this upscale restaurant features contemporary cuisine and an extensive wine and cocktail list in a casual but fine dining atmosphere. Barrie's only mixologist, Kevin, can create a drink to please any palate and desire. Beside their beautiful patio, there's an on-site garden where there's a good chance you see the chefs picking fresh veggies and herbs for your meal. Open for lunch 5 days a week and dinner for 7, they promise to provide a dining experience with such superior service and food that you will want to return soon. Reservations for lunch or dinner are always recommended...don't be surprised if they're full at lunch on a Wednesday! If you haven't been there at all or even in a while...call and make reservations. You just might find you have a new favourite spot in town."
Barrie, Canada
“Service and food was above average but so are their prices!”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

My husband and I do alot of fine dinning and were very happy to have a nice restaurant open in our end of town. It's very nicely done inside. I liked the ambiance, food and service but it is a small place with no privacy. My biggest disappointment was the wine...way to expensive and not much to choose from. If you don't mind paying 3 or 4 times what the wine is worth then no problemo!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have lived in Barrie my whole life, and trust me when I say this " Urban Dish is the best restaurant to come to Barrie....Past, Present or Future "

Rob H

1 Thank Featurehold
Barrie, Canada
“EXCELLENT MEAL!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I am from barrie and have been to numerous fine dining restaurants in the area. My boyfriend attends Georgian college for their culinary program and LOVES food. We went to Urban Dish the other night and IT WAS FANTASTIC. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a good meal. we had the crab cakes to start AMAZINGLY DELISH (and the ceasar salad) !! i had the steak and my boyfriend had the lamb . the whole meal was amazing and our bill was about $100 including tip. no wine.

AMAZING FOOD GREAT ATMOSPHERE....

2 Thank mishel33
Barrie, Ontario
“If you're not eating here, you're missing out!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Unbelievable! Our party of six enjoyed "Sunday-licious" at this fantastic restaurant. Although I had eaten here before, I did not bother to write a review. Well, yesterday changed that! What a fantastic meal. Everybody raved about it, and I have to say, the value was unbeatable. I started with the coconut shrimp, I would have done the unspeakable for some more of that! Next was the ribs, yum! My wife and friends had the Halibut and loved it. We finished with a fried banana cheese cake kind of dessert. Perfect. Even the wine was amazing for an inexpensive Australian red.

Service was outstanding, thank you Stephanie.

Without a doubt, this is one of the top three restaurants in Barrie. If you are not eating here at least once a month, you are missing out on life!

1 Thank flingwing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and even better Service”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I have recently been to the Urban Dish and will return regularly. The food is fresh and unprocessed, you finally get the real taste of the food and not the overpower seasoning salts.
The burgers are made out of the end cuts of the roast the steaks are cut from. Incredably full of flavour.
Nice wine list and Mark the head Chef comes out to meet everyone.

Very well done.