“Group of Family & Friends had a Great Experience”

PIE Wood Fired Pizza Joint
Ranked #12 of 509 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Orillia, Canada
“Group of Family & Friends had a Great Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Group of 18 family & friends had a Great time, Server recommended PIE Party which meant a fixed cost per person for salad and Pizza. They brought out all you can eat Garden salad and Ceasar salads and then assorted pizzia until we said enough. WOW great way to try a lot of great pizzia's !! Also they were very accomidating as my daughter can't have any dairy so we usually just scrap off the cheese but they made her her own pizza without cheese!! They guys throwing up the pizzia dough are quite entertaining and the smlls of the cooking pizzia are wonderfull. Great way for a group to eat and enjoy!!

• Visited October 2011

Barrie, Canada
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The pizza we ordered from the regular menu was nothing like it was described. We could barely find ANY cheese at all and on top of that the pizza was not even hot. It did not taste anywhere as good as we expected it to be coming from 'the best pizza joint in town'. We kindly informed the waitress of our dissatisfaction and her response was "Well we don't put a lot of cheese on any of our pizzas". She went to the bar to tell a coworker about us and for the next few minutes we got glares from the both of them. For the remainder of our visit, the girls kept talking and looking at us so I asked to speak to the manager (who never came to apologize about the pizza). The manager turned out to be the gossip buddy of our waitress, so I told her to forget my request to speak with her and she automatically rasied her voice and eyebrows and said "Excuse me?!?" with an extremely rude attitude, which I found to be very innappropriate in front of my children. In short, we received the worst customer service ever. The "Manager" spoke about customers with her employees in plain view of everyone, she did not apologize or even come over to the table when we were not happy with our food, she had an extremely rude attitude, and had no clue what she was doing as a manger. The waitress was also very rude, not saying "thank you" or even "you're welcome" when we thanked her...she just walked away looking very unhappy with her life.
On the other hand, the hostess at the front was extremely friendly and polite, and we truly enjoyed the Tomato soup...but I definitely won't be coming back to this place again based on the poor service we received from the waitress and manager. I suggest that they get retrained on what good customer service really is!

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank AngelaMrs
Toronto, Canada
“Boutique Pizza? Not in Barrie!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Good atmosphere. Nicely decorated. Menu is easy to read. Children's menu has 3 items on it, each item for $8.00 (not priced well for a KIDS menu). The pizza's are described so well, yet, the excitement fizzled out once my wife and I saw the $15.00 personal pizza with 3 inches of crust, and very chinzy (cheap) on the toppings. My wife took me out for my bithday, along with my 8 year old daughter and 2 year old boy.
3 pizzas with 3 sodas and 1 "family" caesar salad totaled near $75.00!!! I can't tell my wife I'm disappointed, because it was her idea to go there to begin with, but this was the first and last time. The Pie tries to pull off a boutique pizzeria, but they've missed their completely. Prices are too high for Barrie. The quality of the product is a 7 out of 10, but bang for your buck is an easy 2 out of 10. We frequent many restaurants in the area, I'm not trying to be harsh on a business trying to make it, but eating at The Pie was not the high point of my birthday.

• Visited September 2011
5 Thank HuNGRY1981
Barrie, Canada
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

A group of seven family members visited PIE for a girls night out. We range in age from 3 to 55. The food was excellent ... we tried a number of different appetizers, pizzas and desserts. Really enjoyed the Spinach and Arugula salad with walnuts, pears and bleu cheese, the Slow and Low Pie - Pulled Pork, BBQ sauce, Cheddar, Caramelized Onions and Garlic Aioli, a bacon topped Mac and Cheese and the Nutty Pie - Nutella with bananas, Carmel, and vanilla ice cream.

The only problem was the lengthy wait for both the entrees and desserts. It was very busy and they simply did not have enough wait staff.

Fortunately, we had lots of catching up to do, otherwise we may have been bored with the wait!

• Visited July 2011
“Best pizza in Barrie!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Excellent food, great staff and atmosphere. They play music videos on the wall, and pizza makers put on a show making the pizza.