WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Midland, Canada
“1st time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last night while in Barrie. Booked it on Expedia for 111.00 tax in. Greeted at front desk in a more business manner then friendly one. Didn't bother to ask if first time here which it was. Breakfast required a trip back to the front desk in the morning for vouchers. Room was advertised as a suite. Small compared to other hotels for similar money. Room was clean as was bathroom. A little noisy early am on first floor. Overall a reasonable place to stay for one night. Internet was only fair to poor connection. Breakfast was meger at best. No hot food unless you paid an additional 4.99 for bacon and eggs. Overall would not stay here again with the Best western and others nearby for similar money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and providing your feedback.

I am glad that you found you room to be clean.

I am sorry that you did not find out staff as friendly as they could have been. It is our goal that all of our guests recieve the highest level possible of hospitality and comfort during thier stay and it concerns me greatly when this does not happen. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff in an effort to improve to better meet the needs of our guests.

Thank you for providing your feedback, I do hope we can welcome you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suits and was blown away. We stayed in the Romeo and Juliet Suit and couldn't have been more happy and impressed! Our room was very clean, the salt water pool was decent, on the small side. The complimentary breakfast was okay, wish there was more then cereals, muffins, and breads, pastries,. Overall we both enjoyed our time there. Money well spend in our opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent visit and providing feedback.

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time in our Romoe and Juliet Suite!

We look forward to being able to welcome you again!
Angus, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We came to stay at the Monte Carlo Inn under different circumstances than most. Our home was damaged in the recent Tornado in Angus. We are not allowed to stay in our home due to structural issues. After staying a week at my parents home we decided it was time to find a more private space. Upon our arrival us being exhausted and battle torn we were greeted by Cassandra, with a warm welcome smile. She informed us that we had been upgraded free of charge. I will say that with tears in my eyes I was never so amazed by kindness as I was at that momment. For two nights we were able to gather ourselves together and be ready to face the days ahead. The home away from home saying is so true when you stay here. All the staff are incredible, the rooms are clean and the beds are like sleeping on clouds!
We are still here and although I can't wait to go home, I will miss our time at The Monte Carlo Inn. Thank you to all the staff and Management, from the Beauchamps.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kerryb88
Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedack.

While we certainly appreciate your business, we are sorry for the circumstances that brought you to us. The tornado in Angus was very devestating, and we certainly hope you are home now, or very soon.

I am pleased that you found our rooms so clean and the beds comfortable with kind and friendly staff! We certainly work hard at being a Home Away From Home!

Thanks again for staying with us!
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice on our trip east. Fabulous check in with Lindsay and Cassie. Room was quiet and so comfy we slept in because of the wonderful beds. Breakfast was complimentary and good. Loved Barrie...will be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Al W
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback.

I am very pleased that your found our beds comfortable and our staff friendly. I will be sure to these comments along to our staff.

Thanks again for your stay, I hope we can welcome you to the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites on your next visit to the Barrie Area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here many times in the past year. Rooms are clean. Housekeeping responds to the notes I leave behind re: more towels, fuse for hair dryer.tripped, etc. Front desk was helpful when I locked myself out of the room safe or when I requested a room change to be closer to the elevator or when my card was deactivated after the first night. Queen beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. Hot breakfast is worth the extra price. The restaurant staff is pleasant. Overall any issues I had were addressed and I will continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your regular stays with us, and providing feedback. We certainly appreciate it!

I am pleased to hear that you find our rooms comfortable and clean, and our staff accommodating! I will be sure to pass these comments along.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

we weren't sure what to expect when we got this hotel as a deal through hotwire.com. the hotel was great! clean rooms, comfortable beds and pillows. The green tea brand of toiletries in the bathroom were also impressive. the front desk staff are not the friendliest people and they really did make you feel like you were a nuisance, but overall our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your recent stay and feedback.

I am pleased that your stay was comfortable and you found your room to be clean.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our front desk staff. It is my goal that all of our guest experience the highest level possible of hospitality during their stay. I will review your comments with the front desk in order that we may improve to better meet the needs of our guests.

Thank you for your comments - I look forward to welcoming you to the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites again!
Vineland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

First let me start by saying this hotel has the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in ... and i have stayed in many hotels ... the hotel overall is clean and very pleasant ... we booked 3 rooms and were attending a wedding that was in innisfil ... the rooms are great, bathrooms, tv, space all excellent ... i couldn't get the wifi working for some reason but that could've just been my connection .. wasn't really an issue ...

the breakfast was sufficient for us to fuel up before we checked out ...

my only issue was regarding the staff ... the girl who checked us in and out was wonderful ... courteous, friendly and totally sweet ... the girl who was working the morning we checked out was rather rude, curt and i felt as though i was bothering her by asking for my breakfast vouchers ... she gave me 4 vouchers for 2 rooms .. but we had 3 in one room, she said we only have 2 registered, i said ok well so now what .. she said you'll have to pay 10 dollars for the additional person i said ok that's fine ... so i grabbed my 4 vouchers and went to the restaurant, the lady there said 5 vouchers please .. i said i have 4, can i just pay you $10, she said no you have to pay front desk and get an actual voucher .. i thought ok i was just there, it would have been nice if the staff member had told me that 20 seconds ago .. so back i go ... i said i didn't realize i needed to purchase the voucher off of you, she gave me the "are you stupid" look and said $11.30 .. i gave her a 20 dollar bill and she gave me the change in all loonies .. i thought geeeeeeez ...

anyway aside from that, this hotel was terrific ... and i can't state enough how incredibly comfortable the beds are .. i think they're tempurpedic .... SO COMFY !!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family